Manual Test Engineer / Financial Analytics Consultancy / London / Full-Time
My client is a financial analytics technology business with offices in London and New York. Their technology is used by the finance teams of large businesses to improve planning, forecasting, analysis and reporting.
Over the last 10 years it has grown five fold, but more importantly they have invested heavily in their technology platform and partner scheme. It is now in the middle of an investment round to help it scale faster.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing technology team and play a fundamental role in testing and quality assurance.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and document test conditions, scripts, data requirements and expected results for the
• Execute the tests and document their results, raising change requests and bug reports as necessary
• Learn and understand the functionality of Empower through training, hands-on day-to-day use, and from the help manual and other documentation
• Support the client consulting teams in identifying and reproducing software issues
• Work with software development team to identify risk points and coordinate work to ensure
effective test coverage of all software developed
• Participate in sprint reviews, stand-ups, and demonstrations where necessary
• In-depth knowledge and proficiency of Manual Testing techniques
• Ideally qualified at ISTQB foundation level or BCS/ISEB foundation level and / or holds a degree (or equivalent) in a computer-based discipline.
• Working knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
• Ability to take ownership and drive improvement of the testing function.
• Self-reliance and ability to work highly effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
Any of the following experience, skills & understanding would be an
advantage in this role, but are not essential
• Knowledge of automation testing tools, for example Test Complete, Selenium and object orientated programming concepts.
• Experience on commercial software packages, covering web and desktop applications.