Based in Fife, Scotland, Utility ROV Services is an independent, pro-active ROV service provider specialising in Offshore Renewables, Interconnector, Oil & Gas and Decommissioning industries. We are an energetic and innovative company that design, build and operate our own bespoke UTROV® systems and tooling to support subsea operations. Improving efficiency by controlling its suite of tools directly, the UTROV® provides multi-phase capability, eliminating the requirement to mobilise multiple spreads of equipment with individual teams for one single project.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager with a strong mechanical engineering background to lead the engineering team based at our head office. Reports to:
Managing Director Responsibilities:
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Responsible for the management and development of a multidisciplined engineering team
- Management of project specific engineering and innovative asset upgrades.
- Implementation and management of internal design control through the deployment of engineering procedures integrated with the companies quality management system.
- Design of mechanical components and assessment of design suitability using hand calculations.
- Preparation of 2D and 3D detailed design drawings.
- Development of equipment specifications and performance requirements.
- Creation of drawing packages for component manufacture.
- Updating of drawing packages for electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation including assembly/arrangement drawings, maintenance procedures, operation and equipment operating manuals.
- Scheduling and budgeting of resources.
- Source and select materials to allow for effective design optimisation.
- Prioritising workload to ensure deadlines are met for the team.
- Make cost calculations caused by any changes to the designs and inform the Managing Director of these.
- Planning for equipment mobilisations, writing of mobilisation task plans and preparation of required documentation.
- Follow up on component manufacture and equipment assembly ensuring deliverables are in accordance with the specification and industry best practice.
- Promoting a safe working environment, following and implementing company QHSE requirements.
- Management of technical documentation including: Reports, Calculations, Specifications, Parts list, Assembly, Test and Operational Procedures, Manufacturing Data, Risk and failure-mode analyses
- Technical Liaison with colleagues, clients and suppliers
Minimum Previous Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Proficient in the use of 3D / 2D design software (Inventor, Solidworks, Draftsight)
- Good understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal are essential
- Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of MS Office are essential
- Commercially aware
- Previous experience within the offshore industry essential
- Knowledge of the standards used for the design and build of equipment for the oil and gas sector is essential
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment with a good eye for detail
- Appropriate initiative, ability work independently when necessary
- Self-motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills
- Good communications skills
- Team player
- Organised and efficient
- Able to work under minimum supervision