: HSE ManagerGrade
: M2Reporting to
: General ManagerDepartment:
Quality and SustainabilityLocation:
UK (Stoke-on-Trent or Birmingham)Purpose of the Job
The Linxon UK, Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager leads, develops, and oversees programs and practices to ensure an exemplary health, safety & environmental culture exists across the business. It ensures compliance with current HSE legislation at all levels whilst providing sound HSE advise from order pursuit to project execution handover.
The role is a key member of both UK leadership team and the EMEA HSE leadership function.Key Areas of Responsibility (KARs)
- Maintain full governance structure of HSE within the UK Business
- Drive the implementation of Linxon HSE policies, process and procedures across all UK sites
- Ensure that the process for auditing and reporting on HSE into Linxon's Global Incident Database and where required follow-up actions are closed out.
- Ensure all incidents or accidents are thoroughly investigated and that all possible "lessons to be learnt" are cascaded across the Linxon business, and where applicable, the industry.
- Ensure respective organizations and contractors are compliant with the SNC-L Blue Book and with related legislation
- Ensure HSE risk identification and controls are applied at all stages of the internal value chain
- Drive behavioral change to continuously improve HSE through programs, initiatives, and trainings.
- Ensure the organization recruits, develops and retains the best HSE talent within the function.
- Site support/supervision by means of auditing, inspections and guidance to site personnel
- Act as Linxon UK senior representative customer and supplier HSE forums.
- Create and implement HSE awareness campaigns
Other Position-Specific Characteristics
- Proven track-record of managing HSE teams & delivery in construction or energy sectors
- Past exposure to working within matrix organization and navigating the challenges this creates in building and maintaining relationships locally and regionally.
- Experience in Electrical Transmission projects, including Civil Construction.
- Experience in risk mitigation & opportunity management.
- Proven track record of management of large-scale, multimillion-pound projects
Competencies/ Skills Required
- Project travel as required
- Sites based: Scotland and UK.
- 50% Site / 50% Office/Home based role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HSE function, ideally in the EPC environment
- Excellent knowledge of general HSE regulatory requirements
- Fluency in English - both written and spoken
- Middle East experience a strong advantage
Personal Qualities Required
- Educated to degree level or qualified by significant related HSE Management experience
- IOSH & NEBOSH Certification
- Natural leader
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work independently