Enstar is a leading global insurance group that delivers innovative insurance solutions through our network of group companies. Spanning a 26+ year history of operating in the run-off space, we leverage our ability to thoroughly understand risks and liabilities to create ideal legacy solutions for our partners. Founded in Bermuda in 1993, Enstar was created through acquisitions to become, by 2013, the industry's largest stand-alone run-off consolidator. With more than 1,000 employees in 20 offices, Enstar has more than doubled in size in the last 5 years with a shareholder's equity in excess of $5.8 billion.
We are looking for an experienced Claims Adjuster to join us within our London Market team where you will be involved in global risk claims with international clients. You will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and adjudicate claims within authority and in a manner that consistently meets or exceeds our claims policies and procedures and will be responsible for negotiating settlements as part of the market and pro-actively seek to identify and progress direct settlements solely for Enstar companies or to extend market settlements to other Enstar companies.Key accountabilities & deliverables
Skills and Experience
- The adjusting of Claims either via paper or electronic presentations as required for all Syndicates and/or Group Companies.
- Setting appropriate and accurate case reserves in accordance with the company's reserving philosophies
- Managing attorneys and negotiate and liaise with co-insurers
- Negotiating settlements as part of the market and pro-actively seek to identify and progress direct settlements solely for Enstar companies or to extend market settlements to other Enstar companies
- Keeping up to date with Lloyd's Market Claims initiatives and attending Market Claims forums if relevant
- Reporting of claim developments and account information to management
- Experience in adjusting claims in the London Market or equivalent suitable experience to the classes of business handled
- Strong technical knowledge of the Insurance Market, with particular focus on the Construction business sector.
- A strong understanding of London Market Claims systems
- Fully conversant with Lloyd's Claims Principles & Minimum Standards
- Extensive knowledge of contract wordings, coverage and reinsurance structures.