ZeroLight is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to take responsibility for maintaining and improving the deployment of our technology core.
We're looking for someone who can work as an expert bridge between our tech team (who produce our core-rendering software), our DevOps team (who handle deploying our software to the cloud) and our Project teams (who work directly on features for the clients). This will involve developing tools to help the core technology team locally replicate issues found out in high scale production environments.
This role will involve a high level of cross-department communication, with the successful candidate acting as a conduit between several key stakeholders, so it is essential that candidates have strong communication skills and enjoy interacting with others to solve complex problems.
This video shows the kinds of technical challenges our tech team face regularly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ykVvaxVd0
This role is based at our award-winning studio LiveWorks on Newcastle's famous Quayside, however at present we are all working from home as per government guidelines. We've got a great home working set up now, with plenty of support from our Talent Development and IT teams to ensure that new starters have everything they need to thrive in their new roles at ZeroLight. We have successfully onboarded over 40 new employees during the pandemic, ensuring that they go through a detailed induction process with key meetings and training over the first month and beyond.
- Oversee the release and stability of the core rendering software
- Work closely with the Tech, Cloud, Tools, Automation, QA and Project teams.
- Understand dependencies between software releases and feature dependencies
- Develop software and processes to streamline releases and stabilise deployments
- Work as part of an award-winning development team across a range of products for our high-end automotive partners.
- Commercial experience with developing rendering software.
- A skilled communicator who has experience collaborating with multiple technical teams of different disciplines.
- Knowledge with profiling, debugging, and diagnosing issues with in large production software stacks.
- Understanding of various rendering techniques, and rendering APIs.
- Programming experience with C# and Python required.
- Unity experience
- Ability to solve problems and innovate.
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org