Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us. We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.
Our HR team are here to support our people and the People Services team support all operational HR queries to support our HR Business Partners, Recruitment Team and L&D Team. We strive to deliver a first class HR service to our customers through continuous improvement and using our technology to our best advantage.The Role
This is a great opportunity for an experienced payroll and benefits advisor to come in and learn our current systems and reporting methods, but then look to improve in areas using their skills and experience. This role will require you to accurately coordinate the monthly payroll submission for the UK and Australia offices, and to submit in a timely fashion to the respective contact for processing the payroll.
You will be the main point of contact for all payroll related queries and make sure pay is correct for starters, leavers and employee pay changes during each month. This will involve accurately capturing pay types within the payroll preparation, for example - allowances, deductions, bonus payments, holiday pay, PILON, employee referral bonuses.
The successful candidate will work alongside the HR Operations Coordinators to ensure employees are enrolled and de-enrolled as appropriate, and employee benefits changes are completed accurately and efficiently. For example, pension contribution changes, PMI deductions, Cycle to Work deductions.
RequirementsThe successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Payroll lead for the annual company-wide pay review and annual bonus payroll preparation and submission to Babcock.
- To support the Finance department with the annual P11D preparation activity.
- To keep accurate records for payroll and suggest ways to improve the speed and efficiency of our current payroll processes, particularly developing our paper-free capability where possible.
- Develop our payroll reporting capability; for example, overtime reporting, anomaly payroll reporting and planning ahead for payroll statutory pay changes, where appropriate.
- Support advance payments where required in conjunction with Finance and reconcile accurately in the next available payroll month.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Significant payroll experience and well developed payroll skills with a strong understanding of UK payroll legislation and pay types.
- Strong relationship building skills and customer service ethos to maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders, including Finance, third party payroll, HRBPs and HR Operations team
- Strong attention to detail to effectively manage our payrolls in a professional and confidential manner, in line with the GDPR 2018 regulations.
- Experience of P11D preparation, handling pay queries, annual bonus payments and annual company pay review
- Strong understanding of payroll and benefits processes including pension, salary sacrifice schemes and private medical insurance schemes as a payroll subject matter expert.
- CIPP preferred (qualified, working towards or part-qualified)
- International and/or Australian payroll experience highly desirable
- Understanding of HR processes and employment law would be a distinct advantage
- Exposure to salary review processes would be an advantage
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Happy To Talk Flexible Working
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season rail ticket loan