Software Project Manager
Sheffield / Maidenhead / Amsterdam / Home Based
SDL is the intelligent language and content company. We are the global leader and innovator in language and content management solutions and for over 25 years, SDL has helped companies communicate with confidence and deliver transformative business results by enabling powerful experiences that engage customers across multiple touchpoints, all strengthened by our human expertise and machine learning technology.
We work with over 4,500 enterprise customers, including 90 of the world's top 100 brands, to help them to create, translate and deliver content globally, with our unique combination of language services, language technologies and content technologies.
SDL Website | SDL Careers - www.sdl.com
About The Role:
* At SDL Professional Services you will be working with a diverse team of business consultants, engineers and sales representatives, dedicated to facilitate client adoption and optimize usage of SDL's product portfolio pertaining to content and localization needs.
* You will manage a wide range of engagements of different sizes, stakeholders and software, including highly visible or critical accounts, with the objective to achieve excellent customer satisfaction, retention and ultimately repeat revenue growth.
* You will apply deep project/program management experience to deliver project goals, ensuring the effective and cost efficient implementation of the project, as well as support the identification and development of new business opportunities.
* Operational Excellence - Manages all types of engagements, often complex projects or programs, covering budgetary responsibility, project methodology, resourcing and deliverables. Is the main contact for the customer and ensures all aspects of the project are meeting agreed objectives. Leads internal and external project teams responsible for the full range of work streams in executing project deliverables, resolving issues and handling customer relations.
* Delivers Quality, Value, Results - Applies project management, consulting, and customer expertise to complex and/or new accounts to ensure clear expectations are set, an effective course of action is in place, and timeline and financial goals are met. Works closely with the project team and customer to proactively monitor and adjust complex aspects of the plan to ensure success. Has sound judgement to independently resolve most issues and/or quickly escalate to the appropriate person, following it to resolution.
* Functional Excellence - Identifies opportunities for improvement, especially across broad and complex processes, which have a significant impact on customer satisfaction. Develops opportunities to grow services and solutions in existing accounts. Helps to develop expertise within the project management function by coaching and mentoring others and providing performance feedback.
* Relationship Building - Develops positive customer relationships and serves as the main point of contact. Partners with internal organization to ensure effective communication and coordination of activities.
* Experience of handling multiple software implementation projects in parallel for critical customers across different technology
* Our clients require different approaches for different projects, applicants should have experience of different Project Management methodologies; Waterfall, Agile (Kanban or Scrum), Prince2, etc.
* Strong budget management is essential. Must be adept at managing within budget and finding solutions to budget risks before non-billable is incurred
* Comfortable and calm handling client issues and mitigating the need for escalation where possible
* Able to travel (Covid-19 permitting) to EMEA clients on a regular basis
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills
* Embraces change, enjoys different challenges and has an open, flexible attitude
* Has experience of developing internal processes and methodologies
What is Life at SDL?
Life at SDL embodies everything that makes us who we are-how we engage with each other, how we create positive work environments for employees, how we lead others, how we work with our customers, how we make SDL the type of place we want it to be, and everything else that allows us to Be Our Best.?
The Rallying Cry
Rallying cries encourage a united attitude and to act in support of Life at SDL and the culture we are shaping. Our rallying cry is to "Be our Best" and it is fuelled by our values:
* Passionate: We love information, language, communication, and connecting humans across the world
* Proactive: We tackle problems head on, adapt to the latest technologies and embrace new ways of doing business.
* Authentic: We are confident in our abilities due to years of success, feel good about accomplishments and always stay true to ourselves.
* Collaborative: We are team players, engaging each other, hands on with the work and in it together with our partners and customers.
We always aim to be our personal best in everything we do and our actions should always enable SDL to Be Its Best.????
In November 2020 SDL PLC was acquired by RWS Holdings PLC.
To all recruitment agencies: SDL PLC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes to any SDL PLC employees. Any unsolicited resume received will be treated as the property of SDL PLC and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such resume will be considered null and void.
Software and Services for Human Understanding