Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker - always asking, "What if?"
If so, then you may be the new team member we're looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters - whether you're developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless. What we do
We're the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live. What you'll do
As a Senior Data Scientist, with "real-world", practical experience of areas such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, ModelOps and Natural Language Processing, you will be building applications for artificial intelligence using at least one open source language.
The Global Technology Practice, a team of SAS technology experts, is looking for an experienced professional to join the EMEA team as a Senior Data Scientist.
In this role, you will assist sales and presales teams, management and customers to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The role involves using the entire portfolio of SAS Technology in the Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence space (such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Languages Processing, Forecasting, Model Management and ModelOps, Streaming) as well as Open Source, to address the customers' business needs with the most appropriate and innovative technologies and make sure they efficiently fit into existing and new business processes. Awareness of approaches to scale and operationalize analytics is expected.
In the role, you will also have the chance to interact with SAS R&D experts all over the world and in our Headquarters and to be part of a global community of data scientists. The role will also involve an extensive support and participation to SAS and non-SAS events around Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. Participation in data science meetups is also expected.
We seek applications from individuals who have demonstrated the ability to bridge the gap between the business and technology, relating business requirements to technical capabilities and solutions to business value, in the space of Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Model Management What we're looking for
- Knowledge of SAS tools in the Advanced Analytics Space, for example as Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning, Visual Forecasting, Visual Text Analytics, Model Manager, Enterprise Miner, SAS Forecast Server, Contextual Analysis
- Knowledge of open source technologies and technologies for Deep Learning and Artificial intelligence, such as Python, R, Caffe, Keras
- Understanding of deployment concepts such as API, REST, Microservices, containers
- Excellent understanding of the Artificial Intelligence market
- Proven record of projects in the AI and ML space
- Proven ability to define and execute a strategy across a virtual team
- Ability to coach other resources on innovative topics in the space of AI working in a global environment across countries
- Significant experience in presales, sales or business consulting
- Fluent in written and spoken English, additional languages are a nice-to-have asset
- Strong communication and team working skills
- External qualifications considered a plus: proven speaking engagements at conferences, participation / classification in Kaggle competitions, community blogging and interactions
- Ability to work comfortably with directors and C-level executives as customers and partners
- Business acumen and sales-driven approach
- Experience of working with customers and partners
We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn't about fitting into our culture, it's about adding to it - and we can't wait to see what you'll bring. Additional Information:
This role requires 30% international travel plus we need someone that can travel in the EU with no restrictions (post Covid)
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified "sas.com" email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.