Embedded Software Engineer with R3 IOTLocation: GlasgowFull time permanent, Immediate Start Competitive Salary About our Company
Started by former senior Clyde Space satellite designers, R3 IoT is leveraging world-class satellite technologies to deliver cutting edge IoT capability and connect organisations all around the world. Our applications range from agriculture to renewables, logistics to healthcare.
Connectivity is essential for driving innovation, but in this modern-day world innovation must also drive connectivity. R3 IoT, Scotland's award-winning SpaceTech pioneer, exists to do just that.
Utilising cutting edge satellite technologies, R3 IoT's team of established industry experts are working to realise an ambitious mission statement: improve the lives of millions by connecting people and organisations across the world.
By delivering innovative, never-before-seen IoT capabilities, R3 IoT will revolutionise the way we communicate. Solving major world problems by bringing people together from the least connected corners of our planet is the unifying vision that drives this passionate group forwards. To help achieve this goal, the team now require an equally passionate, socially conscious individual who loves tech and believes in its potential to connect us all.
More information about the company can be found HERE
. The Role
Due to our company's continued growth, we are looking for a talented, passionate Embedded Software Engineer to join our group.
You will be joining a fantastic team of Hardware and Software Engineers, working in tandem with our current Embedded Engineers to improve existing products and develop future systems. Your main tasks will be to:
Our Required Skills
- Design, develop and test embedded firmware
- Create internal and external facing technical documentation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our systems - adding features, enhancing reliability and efficiency, etc
- Interface with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Carry out technical troubleshooting and workload management within the embedded team
- You will also be ready to assist with other activities beyond your core role such as business winning activities, attending workshops, etc.
- A background in embedded systems including a few of the following:
-Experience with embedded C and Python scripting
-A good understanding of common communication protocols and software practices
-Familiarity with working with Embedded Linux and/or RTOS
What We (R3 IoT) Can Offer:
- The ability to think about a product in the context of its application and customer needs
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, creative, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to influence others
- Self-awareness, self-management, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A significant and meaningful role in one of the Scotland's most notable early-stage businesses
- Competitive renumeration package with stock options
- The chance to solve real-world problems by building next generation IoT technology
- A culture of support and collaboration with flexible working options
This is an amazing opportunity for a motivated and organised individual to join a supportive team.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.