ON depending on experience, excellent benefits, and career development Hours
- Full Time/Part Time - flexible 4-5 days a week Reports to: Chief Operations Officer Essential Requirements:
All applicants must be a UK resident with UK experience, currently living in the UK.
A background in Web/Mobile based technical development is essential. The Company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Manager to lead and manage a team of four web developers who manage various websites for this leading provider of online veterinary education based in Liverpool.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work remotely; you will be joining a rapidly growing professional membership organisation and play a significant role in the technical development of a fast-moving company in a global marketplace. The company is purpose-led, and we want you to be too! Main Function of the Job:
As the technical lead to work with the COO to:
- Manage the technical infrastructure and framework for the delivery of Web Services and be responsible for the Web Developers' workloads and activities
- Deliver a class-leading website and mobile experience which bears comparison with the companies' competitors and is well structured as a customer-focused, market-facing, learning platform
- Prioritise projects in accordance with business priorities and operational plans
- Provide advice and guidance on technical issues across the company, including working closely with others involved in membership and content provision
- Further develop the company's web presence through new and emerging technologies
Knowledge, skills, and experience required:
- Lead and establish priorities for and manage the agile development team's day-to-day work using Jira.
- Determine and manage the technical infrastructure/frameworks to deliver robust, secure, and reliable web applications and services.
- Along with the COO, monitor pro-actively the utilization and effectiveness of the development team.
- Embed and manage effective quality control processes for the development of applications.
- Advise on and plan for future developments across all SBUs, including preparation of requirements specifications.
- Provide professional support and work proactively with all team members involved in the website and application development across the business
- Work with the Marketing Team to develop a content and publishing method that minimises duplication of effort and content, ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in web technologies and applications, to provide professional advice to the company.
- Meet with external clients at the start of new projects, to scope and define the requirements and deliverables for the development team for the entirety of the project.
- A background in Web based technical development
- Experience in deployment and operations of multiple websites
- Experience managing and leading a team working on a member-based site, using SaaS web-applications or similar.
- Experience managing workloads and priorities along with the individuals plus any contract resources
- Ability to manage creatives