Flowbird delivers solutions for smart cities on the move. Our Smart Transport solutions can be seen in world-class cities including London, Edinburgh, Paris, New York, Sydney, Rome, Brussels and Toronto. Flowbird is present in 4,000 towns and cities around the world. We employ over 1,000 people creating and delivering effective, high quality solutions for our clients.
Our market leadership is underpinned by a continuous drive to innovate and push the frontiers of what is possible in order to make our customers more successful. As a result, we are a thriving business that is investing strongly and building the team for both new opportunities and supporting existing ones. Location:
Our UK headquarters is based in Poole on the Dorset coast with its bustling quay, some of the best beaches in the UK and a stunning natural harbour. There is easy access to the Dorset countryside, the New Forest and the spectacular Jurassic Coast. Our main office is 1 mile from Poole railway station with good public transport links and close to both Bournemouth and Southampton international airports. The company headquarters is located in Paris and the French design office is located in Besançon. Summary:
There is a step change in the way that the public expects to consume transport services. Flowbird are committed to being at the forefront of this shift and so we have a need for a Head of Software Architects responsible for an international team of architects focused on design and delivery of the future Cloud-based systems and products for our next generation markets worldwide. The team is composed of 11 architects located in Poole and in Besançon (France).
This role will be based in Poole and involve frequent travel to Paris and Besançon where part of the team will be located. In addition to management, the role will consist of refining, designing and supporting the delivery of new strategic systems, products and services from cradle to grave worldwide. Some travel to customer sites in the world may be required. Responsibilities:
- Manage the team of Global architects (in FR and UK) to help develop guidelines for products & projects around the world.
- Participate in the technology strategy of the company, in collaboration with the different business units.
- Work within the above guidelines, determine system architecture and design options for products that you have responsibility for.
- Write specifications for external suppliers.
- Put in place and follow technical process review.
- To be able to create, lead and review system design documentation and test processes.
- Advise and support the development and test teams, working within an agile environment to help them understand and implement solutions aligned with corporate product architectures and designs.
- Coordination with internal and external technical experts and management, improving awareness of core products and project variations.
- Provide technical leadership of core products and their realization, ensuring that technical standards, documentation and processes are applied to all delivery artefacts.
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release.
- Provide technical sales support for new sales opportunities or initiatives and lead solution reviews before tender submission, both in terms of coherence and costs.
· Have proven experience in team management, ideally in an international context.
· Have proven experience building highly available, reliable back-office solutions.
· Be well versed in current design patterns and principles such as 12 factor app, SOLID etc.
· Strong candidates will have working knowledge of good practices to ensure DevOps capabilities such as cloud native apps, building the capability for blue / green deployments, feature switching etc
· Have worked on SaaS multi-tenant systems previously.
· Hold a Masters Degree in IT / Engineering related field.
· Ideally: have exposure to PCI-DSS / payment environments.
· Ideally: have experience with embedded devices.Desirable Skills:
· Fluency in a second language, preferably French. Reports to:
This role will report directly to the Head of Product Management and Strategy.