Hi! We're Locale.to
...and we're building the next generation of localization solutions for our international customers.
We're currently in a phase of rapid development on a variety of internal and customer-facing projects, so we're looking for an agile React Engineer who can deal with a fast-paced environment, and who will play a central role in defining our product offering.
There's a lot going on and every day brings a new set of challenges. Today you might be working on the Onboarding flow, tomorrow on implementing a users invitation feature. There is never a dull moment.
If variety is the spice of life, we're a spicy Ghost Pepper for sure.
We're a small team of experienced developers and entrepreneurs, and we work entirely remotely, we use Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected. We work together as a team, taking every opportunity to learn from each other.
We relish new ideas and there's the opportunity to have yours heard and put into place. We're all about making a real difference.
- Our frontend stack is React + Redux (with EasyPeasy), running on a Gatsby setup.
- Our API is a mix of GraphQL and REST endpoints handled with AWS Amplify.
You should be comfortable with some of these...
- UX considerations
- UI polish
- Jest, React-Testing-Library
- GraphQL, REST
- You'll be working in an agile team responsible for building UIs. You'll Collaborate with product, engineering and design to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces.
- You might be architecting a CSS or design system, getting deep into UX, building interesting animations and managing global CSS/Sass to ensure it is clean, consistent, and efficient.
- Evolve our UI component library, design system, and front end infrastructure to streamline development and ensure consistency and code quality
- You'll write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- You'll take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding and bug testing.
- You'll participate in product and code reviews.
You should absolutely work with us if...
- You are quite creative, but with the technical skills to create the final output.
- We love juniors, but for this position, we are looking for someone who has experience working heavily with React.js
- You have a solid understanding of web fundamentals (HTML, CSS/Sass, responsive, and accessibility-driven development) and advanced React.js styling systems (such as styled-system, styled-components).
- You communicate clearly in English, but you also speak another language.
- You pay attention to details and answer "I pay attention to details" when asked what your best quality is.
- You enjoy learning new technologies, techniques and design patterns.
The fine print...
We're hiring in the United Kingdom only
and we are looking for candidates available at least 35 hours per week
We want a personal relationship, so sorry, no agencies please.