Building Physics Engineer
£30k - £40k (depending on experience)
An environmental and building services design engineering consultancy are looking for a Building Physics Engineer to join their London office. This position has come about due to planned growth and response to increase in workload.
· Established for almost 10 years, formed by directors who are passionate about building services and sustainable design.
· 10 - 15 employees. Although small in size, they have plans to grow to 20-25 within the next 5 years.
· 'Multidisciplinary Building Services Consultancy in that their engineers do full Mechanical Electrical and Public Health design, rather than just their discipline. They believe this helps them when engaging with clients as their engineers are able to discuss full MEP services design.
· They work mainly with architects and design led companies as their clients; projects include museums, private art galleries, cultural buildings, high-end residential and social housing.
· Located in close to a Northern line station.
· Office is in some converted warehouses and workshops that are mainly used for media led companies. Very creative type area.
· They have capacity to double the company in numbers, so currently very COVID secure when government guidelines allow them to return to the office.
Summary of the Building Physics Engineer role:
· You will have 3-5 years' experience.
· Modelling for Design Development & Optimisation: Use a range simulation-based software to analyse, investigate, test building designs.
· Prepare technical reports and participate in project design teams to implement the conclusions.
· Building Compliance: Carry out domestic & non-domestic Part L compliance models and EPCs for projects.
· Have, or be working towards having, NDEA Level 5 accreditation to deliver professional energy assessments, and lodge EPC for Commercial Buildings.
· Great time to get into the business as will be able to develop into a senior position and undertake an important role in the future growth and development.
Please contact David Hilditch at RGB Network for more information.