Are you looking for more job security? Would you like to join a company with huge growth plans rather than worrying about whether or not your job will exist in 6 months? Do you want more project based work? Do you want to join a company that will invest in you and your career?
OryxAlign is a growing MSP with offices in London, Manchester and Manilla. We have big plans for the next 12 months and will be looking to grow around 50%, and while we do that we will be investing in our staff. We are currently looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working cross-functionally to understand architecture needs by multiple business units. To be effective in this position, you must feel comfortable owning the entire architecture development process from inception to completion.
The nature and pace of OryxAlign's business requires a high level of flexibility, common sense and attention to detail, often under time constraints to meet deadlines. While the specific content of the role is clearly defined below, this may evolve over time and needs a proactive, hands on and can do approach to duties and responsibilities.
The key duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Supporting and working with the Sales and Account Management team in scoping, designing, specifying and proposing new IT infrastructure solutions and associated transformational change projects for clients and prospects.
2. Providing accurate technical input for tender and bid responses, coordinating elements of the response and taking responsibility for the completion of technical bids and solution overviews.
3. Supporting the Sales and Account Management team with attending meetings with the clients and prospects to deliver technical presence and presentations.
4. Understanding clients strategic and operational requirements set against the migration to an effective and collaborative modern workspace.
5. Provide support and guidance to the managed and professional services teams with pre-project on-boarding and infrastructure mobilisation for clients, where needed.
6. Participation in strategic account planning meetings with clients to discuss and propose effective technology roadmaps in collaboration with the Sales and Account Management team.
7. Undertake activities to identify sales opportunities for OryxAlign wherever possible.
8. In collaboration with other department heads, ensure that OryxAlign's services & solutions portfolio is fit for purpose, current and meets the requirements for our clients and prospects.
Technical Skills and Experience
1. Expert knowledge of networking, storage and server technologies and hardware.
2. Expert knowledge in Microsoft Server Applications, Active Directory, Exchange and RDS
3. Microsoft Windows Server implementation and administration, 5+ years' experience
4. Microsoft Azure & 365 migration and solution design, 3+ years' experience
5. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Modern Workplace technologies and migrations
6. Cisco CCNA or CCNP Routing/Switching, 5+ years' experience
7. Virtualisation (VMware), implementation and administration, 5+ years' experience
8. Wireless infrastructure technologies & design, 5+ years' experience
9. Mainstream Storage, Backup/Replication and DR Technologies
10. Solid understanding of IP Voice Technologies and solutions
11. Expert knowledge and capability in producing and understanding infrastructure schematics and topologies.
12. Project Management and ITIL experience
13. MSP experience is desirable
14. Solid understanding of IT engineering disciplines, practices and techniques
15. Excellent communication and stakeholder management experience