Job Title: Software Engineer (Desktop Applications)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
Industry: Oil & Gas
Job Location: Gloucestershire
My Client is a world leader in the provision of highly advanced technical solutions to the Oil & Gas drilling sectors. They are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join their team based at their modern fit for purpose facility. Candidates will have the opportunity to work in an environment where investment is continuous and substantial, technology is leading edge, teamwork is at the forefront of all they do and personal development is encouraged at every stage. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that pride themselves on delivering high quality superior products to their sector.
The Software Engineer will create scalable and optimized software for running oil and gas drilling tools. Successful candidates will be working with a team of 20+ experienced engineers, including other software professionals within a larger multifunctional engineering team.
Working from home is supported.
- windows desktop applications
- requirements from Stakeholders
- with other disciplines and with other engineering projects
- Continuous Integration infrastructure for applications developed
- tests and troubleshooting on application in deployed environments
-Communicate effectively with end users to assist in roll out of new software features
- or MSc in Computer Science or experience in related field
- knowledge of C# language
- of C++ advantageous
- of Visual Studio
- to WinForms
- knowledge of Agile SW Development methodologies, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration -QA and Dev-Ops desirable
- of Versions Control Systems
-Understanding of Python, Angular and NodeJS would be beneficial
For more information regarding this role please call Mark Davis on 01453 829529 or to make an application send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group is a technical and engineering specialist agency and we also recruit for Software Engineers, Software Development Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Electronics Engineers and Software Specialists.