We are seeking an Embedded Linux Developer, for the development of hardware products based on Linux. This role works will work on board support packages, kernel drivers and tools supporting our musical products. This includes OS package configuration, user space programs, and scripts. Additionally this role works cross functionally with global application development teams, hardware engineers, and product design teams to create truly compelling products.
This role requires good understanding of Linux kernel internals, ARM platforms, and understanding of the open source ecosystem.Essential Functions
- Create board support packages, drivers and product configurations for new hardware products, and modify existing products.
- Take ownership of platforms from boot loader through to running application environments.
- Work with hardware and software teams to create customer-delighting products.
- Work with cross functional team to ensure product architecture is robust and fit for purpose.
Nice to Haves
- Minimum 3+ years experience of embedded Linux
- Programming languages C, C++ Python, Scripting (including Bash)
- Solid understanding of Linux kernel configuration and tuning
- Experience in Linux OS build toolchains such as Buildroot, Yocto, etc.
- Ability to think at "system level", from application code right down to the metal
- Knowledge of common comms interfaces (USB, Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C, MIPI)
- Ability to perform profiling and tracing of real time applications, debugging using gdb and remote debug tools
- Experience with git version control
- Ability to read technical documents (schematics, data sheets, application notes) and write code against them
- Ability to diagnose systems level/hardware issues
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- ARM (and ARM NEON) optimisation experience
- Agile/Scrum/XP experience
- Background in music, with live, Studio or DJ experience
- A degree level qualification in Computer Sciences
- Availability to travel internationally