Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Manchester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You'll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers' critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech. You'll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make. Summary of the role:
Work as a senior software developer within an Agile software delivery team, involved in deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business areas.Role & Responsibilities:
Candidate Requirements:Essential skills
- Design, build and run code using industry best practice. You will help in defining the evolvement of best practice and in the supporting of estimation activities.
- Contribute to the completion of your particular project. Your decisions will be of significant value and will contribute to the overall success of the project and wider programme.
- Perform first line peer reviews and provide direction and guidance around the review
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practice and code within your team
- Provide technical direction within your team
- Design and develop new product functionality
- Contribute and produce test artefacts including unit tests and integration tests that will form part of the continuous delivery mechanism.
Desirable skills of interest
- Previous experience of working in an Agile delivery team and producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience of developing using Cloud services using either AWS or Azure with relevant professional certification
- Experience building enterprise level web applications or services
- Experience using TDD, BDD and working understanding of SOLID
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
37hr working week, with an early finish Friday
Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) Security
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance.Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location.