A hands-on role with a multi-site leading brand automotive retail groupWork closely with the Managing Director and have a broad remit to deliver growth North East / North Yorkshire based Highly competitive salary, car, bonus and share options The Company
This is a rare and excellent opportunity for a professionally qualified accountant to work as a close business partner to the Managing Director / Business Owner of a highly successful, growing, privately owned group which has significant potential for growth. The business is a multi-site automotive retail group which works with a leading global automotive brand. It has a significant turnover, an excellent relationship with the manufacturers' brand and is looking forward to continued growth over the next 3-5 years. It also has further developments planned in its property portfolio. The Role
- You will be reporting to the Managing Director / Business Owner, be a key member of the senior leadership team, including working closely with the company's Commercial Operations Director.
- You will have a broad ranging remit which includes all aspects of the finance function, leading an experienced accounts office team, IT, the legal framework and HR.
- You will ensure the delivery of timely and accurate management accounts, cost control and management information together with budgets and forecasting and as the company has ambitions for growth you will also work closely with the Business Owner on developing the future roadmap.
- The maintenance of good working relationships with external stakeholders including banks, auditors, solicitors, insurance brokers, pension providers and the brand partners is also highly important and you will be given lots of scope to make a difference.
- The salary and benefits package is competitive within the marketplace you will be expected to live within a reasonable commute of the North Yorkshire/Teesside/Durham region.
- A highly impressive individual is required, you will need to be graduate qualified and have a recognised professional accounting qualification and the role will appeal to someone looking for a long-term opportunity.
- Your track record will ideally combine a mix of professional accountancy training, an early career founded in large world-class environments followed by your migration into an SME underpinning your breadth of experience, financial leadership capabilities and your clear understanding of the broader demands of general management.
- The client is looking for high levels of professionalism, a hands-on approach, commercial awareness and a strong team player.
- You will relish the opportunity of working in a company which has a well-defined framework of core values based on honesty, integrity and respect for colleagues.
Job reference L11001