Before we tell you about what we do, let us tell you about who we are. We are a fiercely ambitious team striving to make a big impact. We set goals that are so bold that at other companies, one might be tempted to dismiss them out of hand. We are voracious learners - inside and outside of the workplace. We value everyone's ideas equally and look at performance alone - your on-paper experience before you join becomes irrelevant the day you step in. We think logic should be the basis of all decision-making. We are transparent with our strengths and weaknesses. We believe success is not an accident. We want work to not feel like work. And sometimes we don't behave - many a football has been thrown around Stint HQ.
We might have an informal culture, but we have a very serious mission - supporting high street businesses up and down the UK as they fight for survival, and transforming the world of work for students. We help businesses with a new way of running their operations that dramatically improves their profitability, while empowering all university students - who can order meals, movies, cabs, and pretty much anything other than earn money, at the touch of a button - to work anywhere, anytime, with anyone.
We have purposefully been keeping a low profile, but today we have a team of 60+, over 25,000 students signed up to do Stints, and work with some of the biggest hospitality businesses in the industry. And we haven't even really gotten started. We'll be trying to break records in terms of the speed of our growth in 2021, as we rapidly expand to all corners of the UK and beyond, supporting the recovery of the hospitality industry. Our market is immense, our product-market fit is indisputable, and our team is made up of talented colleagues who are driven to propel Stint through to its next stage of growth.
We're looking for someone who believes in our mission and embodies four principles that we believe to be core to who we are - Kindness, Integrity, Ambition, and Energy. We want everyone to love what they do, continuously take on new challenges, and be inspired to build long-term relationships with colleagues as they grow with Stint. And we have a strict no-ego policy. The way we work doesn't suit everyone, but if the above excites you as much as it does us, please do drop us a line.
We look forward to meeting you!What you will be doing
Who you will be
- Analysis and investigation of business problems and scaling/growth requirements to prove concepts of how they can be solved or improved through the application of machine learning and predictive modelling
- Using tools including Python and SQL to perform analysis on and prepare data assets
- Developing machine learning and predictive models
- Documenting results, logic and reasoning
- Presenting and communicating research findings to stakeholders
- Iterating and improving on previous models
- Collecting, mining and transforming data to build and enrich data sets
- Working closely with other team members (data engineers, analysts and stakeholders)
Stint's growth means every role and function will evolve over time, and this role is no different. Learning and solving new problems through this process is expected, however experience will be key in the following areas:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or within a similar role and a machine learning evangelist
- Ability to understand, translate and map strategic priorities into analytical projects
- Flexible multi-tasker who can adapt to evolving priorities
- Outstanding communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Hands-on experience with scripting in Python and SQL
- A vision for what Data Science can and should be, as well as the ability to work with internal stakeholders to execute on that vision
- Master's or PhD degree in a relevant field or an equivalent level of relevant work experience