Ignata Finance are recruiting an Accounts Payable Manager to join our clients business on a full time basis. The role will require you to operate as a subject matter expert for Accounts Payable with full responsibility for its performance. You will be responsible for managing, developing and leading the accounts payable team.
The role also includes setting KPI's and reviewing targets and performance. The role will be responsible for ensuring that on a timely basis all paperwork is recorded and that accurate payments are made. A key part of the role will involve problem solving and ensuring that transaction processes are robust and limit risk and fraud. The role will also be responsible for maintaining and improving departmental processes and reporting, and building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external customers.
As Accounts Payable manager your duties will include:
- Payment Reporting - To ensure Data Analytics and reports are effectively in place to meet Government legislation on Payment Practice and reporting requirements to defined timelines and drive better performance outcomes
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations - to review balance sheet reconciliations (including bank reconciliations) to ensure all transactions are correctly accounted for.
- To ensure reporting of monthly KPI's covering Payments and Supplier set up data. Including commentary and actions on variances and trend analysis reports are prepared and circulated for Finance Management consideration and review
- To ensure all Payments and Supplier documentation and information is accessible enabling prompt access to the information in the event of a request or query
- To regularly review work to ensure compliance with internal process and external requirements, including correct treatment of VAT, controls on manual vouchers and Monthly Audit controls
- To proactively seek improvements in line with strategy and objectives with outsource providers and Finance management, working with Finance Systems and IT in respect of system changes and enhancements and ensuring changes to both process and system are adequately documented, trained and communicated. Incorporating Project and small pieces of works documented process map
- To line manage Payments, Supplier set up teams and the operational relationship with any outsourcing providers
- To ensure effective process controls and due diligence checks are completed for all supplier set and amendment detail
- To manage and develop the Accounts Payable team and individual performance using the firm's Performance Review process, regularly reviewing performance with team leaders, ensuring staff are working towards meeting objectives and delivering a high quality outputs
- To ensure staff are taking responsibility for their own learning and development in line with departmental and business objectives, providing support and guidance when team members are taking decisions on career development and day to day motivation
- To ensure effective Reporting process and resources are in place
As part of the Finance team, you would be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven ability to multi task
- Appreciation of the fundamentals of accounting and the importance of strong financial controls
- Confident, articulate and adept in obtaining and, where necessary challenging, information in order to progress processing and meet targets
- Organised and methodical in your approach to work and able to prioritise work appropriately
- A robust approach to relationships and interactions with colleagues
- A genuine team player appreciating the importance of team goals
- A proven focus on improving effectiveness and efficiency of processes
- The finance department is often a lively and pressurised environment and the job holder should recognise and respond positively to this as appropriate.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
- Previous experience of working in a client focused environment with the ability to communicate at all levels is essential
- This is a position of responsibility requiring an intelligent manager who can operate without supervision and on your own initiative.
- You must have a robust approach to relationships, and a positive team spirit is essential.
- It is essential that the job holder is available and happy to work flexible hours when needed. It is anticipated that the longer hours will be primarily at a month end to ensure the completion of month end procedures.