CloudFactory is scaling up and growing fast, with $78 million in venture capital investment and offices on four continents. We're looking for talented people to join us on our mission as we earn, learn and serve our way to becoming leaders worth following.
As we continue to scale we are seeking Senior Product Designers who will be responsible for driving the best possible User Experiences for our Client Solutions and CloudWorker Solutions. The successful candidates will each own one of these core customer domains working in close collaboration with the Product, Engineering & Architecture Teams. You'll need to bring all stakeholders together in support of the roadmap and help drive the ongoing corporate strategy. You'll also be expected to drive a culture of design thinking to ensure we put the user at the heart of all the experiences we deliver here at CloudFactory.
CloudFactory is on a mission to connect talented people in the developing world to digital opportunities, by inventing cloud labor in a similar way that Amazon invented cloud computing. We use a combination of the latest technologies, proven processes and people who care to enable a scalable, efficient and high-quality data work for our worldwide clients. Because we are scaling fast, you will need to be comfortable with change, will need to be able to derive insights and value from incomplete or imperfect data, and will need to be the kind of person who takes initiative rather than waiting for others to act. If you thrive in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment you would fit right in!Performance Objectives
Assess and report on the state of CloudFactory's existing Client/Cloudworker journeys/jobs to be done. During the first four weeks, work with members of the Product, Marketing, Customer and Platform Engineering teams to understand and report on how the end-to-end client journeys are being met by the business and received by the customer. This report will include a 'first impressions' analysis of the areas of concern (if any) with respect to process, data or design. Create and run a number of user groups. CloudFactory embraces Design Thinking in its approach to Product and thus relies heavily of having the right stakeholders part of the design process. Within two months of starting, the Senior Product Designer will need to have established one or more user groups to support our Product Development Process. Create the Product Design Process. From Design Sprints to Persona Databases, we'll need to rely on right approach to solve for the needs of our customers and our business. As one of the Senior Product Designers we'll need you contribute towards the design process to ensure it's crisp, concise and value driven. Within six weeks you will have published the first iteration of our Design Process and and KPIs. Own the Design System. Consistency in look and feel, motion design, tone of voices, etc. is a valuable part of our user experience. As a company that works with a variety of technologies and partners, it's key that we take a holistic approach to our Design System. During the first month, as one of the Senior Product Designers you will have reviewed our existing Design System and it's application across our portfolio and developed a strategy for change.
These roles report into the Product Director.Requirements
- 5 years + operating at a Senior Product Designer role/agency
- Understanding of AU/ML principles and processes
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, researchers & product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use software.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
- Interpreting storyboards to tell visual stories that support learning.
- To gather information about their requirements and to find out what needs researching, designing or usability testing
- Sketching, prototyping and user testing before passing the design onto the development team
- Creation & curation of user groups to facilitate ongoing research and testing
- Understand and lead qualitative research methods
- Have an awareness of costs and budgets
- Put users at the centre of a design to make it simple and easy to use
- Be confident in your presentation skills in order to present the stages of the design development to internal and external users/stakeholders
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how experiences function
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Design funnels and track usage/drop-offs for KPI
- Drive the overall Design System for CDK user experiences
CloudFactory is a global leader in combining people and technology to provide workforce solutions for machine learning and business process optimization. Our professionally managed and trained teams work with high accuracy using virtually any tool. We process millions of tasks a day for innovators including Microsoft, GoSpotCheck, Hummingbird Technologies, Ibotta and Luminar. We exist to create meaningful work for one million talented people in developing nations, so we can earn, learn, and serve our way to become leaders worth following.
Join us, and change the world for the better. If you are skilled and humble, with a commitment to lifelong learning, and you're curious about the world and its people, you could be a good fit at CloudFactory. We welcome the unique contributions you can bring to help us build a diverse, inclusive workplace because we connect, learn, and grow stronger from our differences. We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. We look forward to hearing from you!
Still unsure? Read '5 Reasons You Should Work at CloudFactory'.