Eaton South Molton
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?Production Manager
Working for Eaton's award-winning production team, you will lead and manage the production team at the South Molton site.
This position is responsible for overall management of a manufacturing cell, focused factory, or work center.
Overall responsibility for leading manufacturing team in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Coordinates with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create high performance culture.Your Key Deliverables
- Assesses performance indicators, and takes appropriate actions, to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met
- Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system, and financial reporting requirements
- Assures policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product
- Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance
- Supports product design organization through new product introduction phase to ensure customer manufacturing delivery times are met
- Assures that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, Eaton policy, and good corporate citizenship
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and cost requirements
- Coordinates and assists with business initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across enterprise.
- Develop and implement programs to utilize the elements of EBS to achieve strategic goals of the plant, and profit plan objectives of the plant.
- Provide leadership that will enable subordinate personnel to develop and deploy the EBS toolbox: Eaton Lean System, Six Sigma
- Ensure that systems and operations are compliant with prescribed quality system requirement opportunities. Define root causes to scrap and rework and develop permanent corrective action to reduce or eliminate.
- We are looking for an experienced operational manager with hands on management experience
- We are looking for a manager that has managed a large team 60 plus people
- We would welcome candidates from a technical background,
- Machining experience not essential
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Thorough Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes:
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- Multiple years of related professional and Supervisory/Managerial experience
If yes, then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are really important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.Job
Manufacturing & OperationsRegion
Europe, Middle East, AfricaPrimary Location
Great Britain Northern Ireland-DEV-South MoltonWork Locations
South Molton Gb LocOrganization
AER FMC Fuel Motion Control SystemsJob Level
Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
NoDoes this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :093072