Anaplan, the Connected Planning pioneer, is changing the way the world's most respected companies do business. We believe in clear, open communication enabling teams to overcome obstacles and move forward together. We want you to feel that you belong to a team, you matter, and are able to be your authentic self. We all work together to deliver business value with the power of Connected Planning at every level within every organization, and alongside an ever-growing number of users, a rich partner ecosystem, and active community. At Anaplan, our values are key to everything we do. We call it #AnaplanLOVE
At Anaplan these words come to life by making employees feel empowered and inspired.
Building a strong culture around company values is an ongoing journey
that will continue to be the core of our existence.
Anaplan has an opportunity for an Engineering Manager to grow and manage a Continuous Integration Engineering team at the forefront of our DevOps transformation. Your passion is building and developing teams of talented engineers, but you also have the technical chops, with a solid background implementing secure SDLC pipelines and infrastructure as code.
Working as part of a Developer Infrastructure group that supports our Software Engineers, you will be contributing to the infrastructure that
turns code into a containerised and orchestrated SaaS platform. One that is helping top-flight companies around the world to make better-
informed plans and decisions every day. Anaplan is a business critical, tier-1 system that must be highly available with low latency, despite Complexity and scale.
You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren't afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and
who are passionate about helping our Customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don't wait for an excuse to have
fun. In fact, we're so serious about it that it's one of our core values.People LeadershipWhat you'll be doing:
Delivering With Quality
- Leading your team, ensuring that they act together and that individuals are motivated, and engaged.
- Coaching and developing the members of your team, ensuring they have opportunities to build skills and experience.
- Caring for your team, ensuring that they are happy, feel comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and are productive without the need for late-night or weekend heroics.
- Recruitment as necessary to grow your team in line with the company's growth.
- Delivering continuous integration solutions built on public cloud Infrastructure, third-party and open-source build tools, as well as your
own components and integrations.
- Owning your projects from inception to production.
- Ensuring the quality of your team's output by ensuring best practices are applied and role-modelling responsible ownership of quality.
- Delivering on a self-service model in which engineers are able to use your solutions to self-provision where possible.
- Managing change as we migrate from older development models to a DevOps mindset.
- Coordinating your team to ensure that your solutions are maintained
- Embracing an agile approach to develop processes that work best for your team, projects and commitments.
- Managing impediments, spotting them early and mitigating effectively.
Engagement and Reporting
- Advocating and evangelising your team's work to the software engineers who will use it.
- Understanding the context of your work: the organisation's value stream and flow. Contributing to the vision for the platform that will
deliver software from PR to production.
- Coordinating with your peer teams so that our work dovetails into a cohesive platform.
- Acting as a team-player yourself, supporting your peer managers in other teams across the organisation.
- Taking ownership of the team's roadmap and working with an experienced product manager to ensure it is realistic and aligned with
More About You
- Ensuring visibility of your roadmap and project progress for partners.
You have experience at the leadership of teams - either as a manager or in key positions where you mentored more junior team members
and helped to make key decisions. We are looking for someone who can get going quickly, but this could be a good opportunity for a first-
time manager with relevant aptitude and experience.
You have a wealth of experience in software delivery using public cloud technologies, third-party toolsets and your own developments and
integrations. Designing solutions with a strong affinity for the needs of software engineers.
You are unafraid to step outside your technological comfort zone: you love to learn new technologies and are comfortable operating in other parts of the stack when necessary. You care passionately about the wellbeing and engagement of the people in your team.
You like to coach and take pride in developing the talent in your team. You bring a solid understanding of Agile principles but are not bound to a fixed methodology. You are pragmatic and look to deliver value early and often with continuous improvement rather than aiming for perfection in a single delivery. You are a natural communicator and build productive relationships with stakeholders and peers.Technologies You'll Work With
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Others - including technologies you help to choose to suit the needs of your projects
Our diversity and inclusion commitment
- Programming skills in any modern language
- Building APIs, including RESTful APIs
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!Our story
Anaplan is a cloud-native enterprise SaaS company helping global enterprises orchestrate business performance. Our customers come first to create heroes, unlock potential & build trust and confidence. We challenge legacy thinking and software that isn't flexible for the modern organization. We have architected the only platform that will take the time from planning to decision down to zero.
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time, to make better decisions to enhance your business. The platform helps you dynamically orchestrate performance enterprise-wide, and convert constant change to your environment.
See what our global customers and partners have to say about Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
Can't find the perfect role for you? New opportunities are opening up daily: http://anaplan.com/CAREERSCOVID-19 Update
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.