CloudFactory is a global leader in combining people (cloud labor) and technology to provide workforce solutions for machine learning and business process optimization is seeking an experienced Director of Engineering to join our mission.Job Overview
As Director of Engineering, you will work closely with the Product Director & Chief Technical Architect taking a crucial role in the Technology leadership team. You will be accountable for reshaping the future people, processes and technology strategy to achieve greater efficiencies, raising the software excellence bar and transition into a customer-centric mentality.
This role is accountable for ensuring that CloudFactory has a high-performance software development team in Nepal and the UK in collaboration with our 3rd party vendors.
The software development team will be capable of software design, delivery, operation, monitoring, performance management, security and maintenance for the software platform & applications that CloudFactory depends upon.Responsible For
- New product delivery, achieving the right balance of delivery predictability and delivery agility
- Monitoring, performance management and security of the software running in production
- Maintenance of existing software
- Life-cycle planning including the retirement of old software platforms
- Improving engineering processes, including working practices and work standards
- Ensuring effective structure and organisation for the Global Engineering teams
- Planning the deployment of people and resources
- Inspiring team members by ensuring good leadership is practiced throughout Engineering
- Projecting a positive employer brand and maintaining a pipeline of future candidates
- Retaining engineering staff through development opportunities, ensuring career progression
- Providing an environment that invests in people, allowing them to develop through goals and frequent feedback
- Achieving performance goals for the team as measured by agreed targets
- Agreeing and meeting financial budget constraints
- The selection and management of external suppliers, including negotiating terms and costs
- Supporting good teamwork between the all engineering teams, partners, customers and suppliers (inside and outside the business).
- The generation and protection of intellectual property
- The identification, communication, and management of business risk related to Engineering
- The efficiency of engineering operations
- Making a strong contribution to Engineering strategy as a member of the global engineering leadership
As Director of Engineering you will need to demonstrate the following level of experience:
- Organisational design at scale of more than 100 people distributed globally
- Collaborative Product & Engineering culture with proven track record
- Passionate about development best practice process & techniques (eg. Agile, Shaping Teams, Design Thinking, CI/CD)
- Operated at a strategic level with the ability to translate and promote to the wider business
- 5+ years leadership level - Head of / Director level
- Technical background with experience of Cloud technologies
- Responsibility for vendor management engagement and governance, including cost controls, service excellence and long-term relationships
- Drive a customer-centric and value-based approach to prioritisation
CloudFactory is on a mission to connect talented people in the developing world to digital opportunities, by inventing cloud labor in a similar way that Amazon invented cloud computing. We use a combination of the latest technologies, proven processes and people who care to enable a scalable, efficient and high-quality data work for our worldwide clients. Because we are scaling fast, you will need to be comfortable with change, will need to be able to derive insights and value from incomplete or imperfect data, and will need to be the kind of person who takes initiative rather than waiting for others to act. If you thrive in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment you would fit right in!
Join us, and change the world for the better. If you are skilled and humble, with a commitment to lifelong learning, and you're curious about the world and its people, you could be a good fit at CloudFactory. We welcome the unique contributions you can bring to help us build a diverse, inclusive workplace because we connect, learn, and grow stronger from our differences. We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. We look forward to hearing from you!
Still unsure? Read '5 Reasons You Should Work at CloudFactory'.