Ever wondered how skyscrapers like The Shard get built? It takes a heroic effort across a huge team of designers, builders, and managers to name just a few. The process isn't ideal - 69% of projects run more than 10% over budget, and 75% are completed significantly late. Disperse is overcoming these challenges by putting digital tools in the hands of the construction industry.
At Disperse, we have developed a system that allows us to track the progress of works on a construction site entirely through 360 degree photo-capture. We have in house teams of "scanners" who take these photos on sites around the world. We use human assisted AI and computer vision to process this data into easy to digest outputs, saving our clients time and effort while reducing the risk of incorrect progress reporting.
Despite the global pandemic, we've spent the last year growing our team (London, New York, Sarajevo, Mostar, Sydney and Islamabad) to build a product and service that our customers love. We have established ourselves as a key partner with leading contractors and are looking for someone to help drive operational excellence through the next phase of our global expansion. Don't take just our word for it, see what our clients have to say about us.
We're looking for an operations manager who wants to bring a game-changing solution to an industry ripe for reinvention. You will be managing our day to day Scanner Operations function, leading a team spread across London, New York and Sydney. We currently have live operations in 5 countries (UK, Ireland, Germany, USA, Australia) and there is a focus on further international expansion in H1 2021.
Some of the work that you will be doing includes
- Own Disperse's global scanner quality KPIs; define what quality means, the way to measure it and how to make it happen
- Quickly identify opportunities for improvement and drive operational excellence
- Manage and develop an ambitious, high performing team
- Participate actively in hiring the best people utilising a "raising the bar" methodology
- Break complex problems into smaller logical ones and prioritise them effectively
- Run regular performance reviews (e.g. weekly operations reviews)
- Provide input and support to the Central Operations Manager on strategic operational projects
Our ideal candidate will
- Have 3-4 years of experience in operations, with 1-2 years experience as a manager in an operations team
- Be excited about furthering the development of their team and building great culture
- Have a strong bias for action
- Thrive at solving problems quickly and keeping calm under pressure
- Excel at cross-functional teamwork and communication
- Be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Be available to start before 1st April
- Be eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship
In addition, it is useful but not essential if
- You have previous experience in the construction industry, either in the UK or internationally
- You have previous experience in a startup or scaleup environment
- You are available to start immediately
- Salary of £45,000 to £50,000 per annum
- 25 days' holiday plus all bank holidays
- Private medical insurance through Vitality Health
- Friendly, open and transparent culture
- Flexible working / ability to work from home
- Awesome WeWork office in Central London, Chancery Lane
- Regular socials (online for now!)
- Team retreats to amazing destinations (once we're able to travel again)