You will be joining a proven tech company specialising in internal communications, established in 1998 and based in the beautiful cathedral city of Exeter, Devon.
Our internal communications and mobile first platform is used in organisations from 2 to 40,000 users and enables communication, employee engagement, mental health support, employee absence management and organisational improvements through the power of cloud and mobile app technology.
We are looking for an Financial Controller who wants to join a company which is stable and resilient to economic changes - something very important for all of us right now.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the timely completion of accounting duties for our group of 3 companies including:
- Maintaining purchase and sales ledgers for 3 business entities.
- Resolving invoice queries with suppliers and customers.
- Managing credit control of overdue accounts
- Collating and recording expenses, reconciling credit card statements and bank accounts.
- Month end duties including payment runs, journal entries, management accounting, payroll, RTI and cashflow forecasting.
- Managing company pension
- Producing VAT returns and making payments
- Liaising with the external accountants and business owners
This role is well suited to an experienced accounting professional seeking a varied hands-on role in a busy office. You will have responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the finance function.
In addition you will also be responsible for a variety of day-to-day office tasks including HR for a small office team, Fire Safety and general administrative duties to support colleagues.Skills for this role:
What will you get in return?
- 5+ years' commercial bookkeeping experience
- Accounting qualifications desirable
- Ability to assist directors with financial planning
- Xero software experience is desirable
- Comfortable working alone
- A strong communicator, an approachable personality and a positive attitude.
- IT literate with experience of Excel
What to do next: APPLY!
- Salary £30,000
- 25 days annual leave in addition to 8 bank holidays
- 37.5 hr Mon-Fri working week (Part-time option available)
- Full Salary Sacrifice Pension with 100% of NI savings being passed on to you
- 2 x Salary Life Cover
- 5 days buy back option on unused holiday each year
- 5 days buy more option if you need more holiday in any given year
- Company Electric Car Opportunity via Salary Sacrifice after being with us for 1 year
- Working in an exciting growth area of mobile communications