Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation software, utilizing robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London and Singapore, we are a rapidly growing international company. We are fortunate to have some of the industry's leading professionals amongst us and a group of bright and committed teammates.About The Role
We're looking for a Systems Architect to join our company at an exciting time in our technology journey. The Systems Architect has the responsibility for maintaining a high-level understanding of the user's needs, system requirements, and business benefits for our system deliverables. Providing guidance on Agile intentional architecture, system-level refactoring, redesign, and nonfunctional requirements, is able to foster emergent design and architectural flow, assist with understanding interfaces and dependencies, and facilitate interdependent team design decisions.
You'll be involved in technology modernisation initiatives, including system decomposition, and help define our systems roadmap. Working with Product, software delivery and shared service teams, the Systems Architect will help define and communicate a shared technical vision, solution context and intent, to ensure our system engineering is balanced and fit for purpose.
We use a modern tech stack, which is currently mainly composed of Java 8/11, ES9, AngularJs, React, Spring Framework/Boot, Micro-services, Event Sourcing, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ecosystem, Auth0, ActiveMQ, and Tomcat8.Responsibilities & Duties
- Align with the engineering strategy and vision
- Clearly articulate and document technical vision and roadmap
- Create articulate vision throughout the business, clearly presenting the case for change, the current state, the vision, and the milestones from current to vision.
- Help define the Target Systems Architecture to align the engineering and business strategies
- As part of the team, facilitate the Digital Transformation Roadmap and Architectural Runway
- Implement compliance architectures and systems, such as data and metadata management, and change control
- Maintain up-to-date architecture documentation and flows as it relates to components, data, and their interdependencies
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives
- Establish critical NFRs for the solution and participate in the definition of others
- Re-architect existing components to address growth/performance/scalability challenges, including migration and change management
- Experience of system decomposition and migrating solution components to a new architecture
- Design of a near-real/time decision platform based on data and event streaming along with big data set processing methodologies
- As part of the team, oversee the evaluation and selection of 3rd party software packages and other services (including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS)
- Ensure the balance between implemented solutions, value, and ROI based on appropriate technology selection
- Own the Technology Radar, identifying and maintaining candidate technologies for near and far horizons
- Foster Systems Thinking within Architecture and Engineering, acting as a thought leader for the business
- Work with Product and Solution Management to determine the capacity allocation for enablement work
- 7+ years as an Architect, systems, platform or software focus
- Experience in Digital Cloud Transformations, building and executing digital strategies
- 7+ years in building solutions for high volume & scalable transactional digital platforms, preferably in payments, e-commerce, gaming, and/or Fintech/trading
- Strong commercial acumen and C level exposure, confident in managing Budgets and Roadmaps
- Experience in being part of Architectural Governance, Digital Asset Management & Value Benefit analysis
- Able to establish and maintain strategic relationships with vendors
- Knowledge and experience of KYC, risk & fraud management and regulatory compliance preferred
- Proficient in EA frameworks (TOGAF, Enterprise Canvas, Zachman), BPM, BPMN, and Decision Management Modelling (Business Rules to ML) preferred
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies (preferable AWS cloud services EMS, S3, Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes etc.), especially Cloud Economy, and Big Data Management tools.
- Experience with the Kafka ecosystem and Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience in Master Data & Business Flow Modelling, as well as Customer Lifecycle & CLV preferred
- Familiarity with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools & techniques
- Demonstrable experience of Service Mesh, Event Mesh, connected networks, Service Design, SOA, DDD and Microservices
- Capability to work within a team of data, infrastructure, and software architects
- Proficient in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum, Lean, and Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe), CobIT and SAFE certificates advantageous
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work. We are fortunate to have some of the industry's leading professionals, and a team of bright and committed teammates.
By joining the team, you will receive a very competitive salary, attractive benefits package and share options.
All employees participate in our share options scheme as we would like for everyone to share in the company's success. Our collective drive towards our goals helps us to achieve great things. We also find our scheme creates a strong, companywide culture and determination to achieve our mission; to become the global compliance automation SaaS provider of choice.