We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Executive to provide support into our fast paced Finance Department. Based in our Bristol office, an extension to our centrally based Finance team in Birmingham, this role requires you to provide high quality support to the relevant business teams, ensuring work in progress is effectively managed and invoices are issued in a timely and accurate manner. You will play a key role in ensuring processes are complied with and best practice accounting is undertaken at all times. In addition you will provide support to account teams and other agency leads to navigate finance systems and ensure a healthy work in progress position is maintained at all times.Who We Are
McCann Central is the UK's largest advertising and communications agency. Over 500 individuals working together to help brands play a meaningful role in people's lives.
We are also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global advertising agency network that delivers culture-shaping work for some of the world's biggest brands.
We're a passionate team from a wide mix of backgrounds, but there's a lot that unites us - like caring deeply about everything do. And though our skillsets are wide and our process knowledge is deep, we are all still learning every day.RequirementsThe role involves
Key Skills And Attributes
- Understanding and managing the WIP and billing fundamentals; monitor profitability and budgets as required.
- Preparation of work-in-progress reports and monitoring of WIP & billing for specified clients or divisions ensuring recovery of committed costs.
- Preparation and coordination of existing, and development of new, monthly reports as required.
- Support the implementation of new information systems or technologies in line with the changing needs of the business.
- Maintain areas of master data in the system in line with agency standards and provide other adhoc financial tasks as required.
- System maintenance including estimate approvals, billing profiles and job closing to ensure an accurate up to date WIP position.
- Taking an active role in month end closedown to ensure the accurate and timely production of monthly management information data and reports.
- Monitoring of fees for key clients involving analysis and reporting to track actual performance versus target, time reporting, variance analysis and PO tracking.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships within the finance office and the wider business
- Highly numerate with a meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure, with large volumes of data whilst consistently meeting deadlines
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise workload
- The ability to adapt and respond to meet changing agency needs and requirements
- Working knowledge of systems including SAP and the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- You will be either part qualified in one of the major accounting qualifications e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA etc or have previous experience of working in a commercial finance role.
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you'll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you'll get to work closely with the world's biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you'll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you'll work in an environment where you are supported and developed.
If you want to join an iconic network agency that offers you the chance to work on one of the top clients in our portfolio & the opportunity to progress your career with an unrivalled development programme, contact us now. And not through a recruiter, please.Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative - one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it's vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.