Job title Childminder Assistant
Responsible To the childminder
Role Overview Work as part of a team. Support and guide children using the EYFS. Engage with parents and families.
Responsibilities Help the children to learn and develop with positive teaching strategies.
Purpose of Role To support childminder in the day to day management of the childminding provision.
To assist the registered childminder in providing a safe, secure and loving environment where children's needs are paramount.
To ensure the safety and well being of the children at all times.
Liaise with parents/guardians of the children as requested by childminder.
To have sole charge of children for a maximum of two hours a day (when necessary)
Responsibilities of Childminder Assistant duties include, but not limited to
Learning & Development Experiences
- Planning age appropriate activities for the children
- Delivering the planned activities;
- Observing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the progress of each of the children.
- Reviewing, maintaining and updating records, relating to each of the children.
Safety & Wellbeing
- To work with the childminder to ensure the safety and well being of the children at all times, whilst at the setting, in transit and at other places.
- Ensure all visitors to the setting are duly authorised by the childminder and sign the visitor's book upon entry.
- Soothe and comfort injured children in line with the setting's policy and procedure.
- Administer first aid/medical care to the extent authorised by the childminder in line with parental/guardian consent and the childminding assistant's qualifications and experience.
- Adhere to the setting's policies and procedures
- To provide parents/guardians with information about the children to the extent authorised by the childminder and in line with setting's policies and procedures
- To be in sole charge of the children at the setting for a maximum of 2 hours, including in emergency situations, taking responsibility for ensuring compliance with Ofsted requirement at those times.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post that are required in order to deliver the job's key responsibilities.
- Maintaining confidentiality for staff and children and comply with the requirements of the information commissioner's office regarding data protection.
- Completing risk assessments as required to maintain a safe environment
- Cooking and serving foods
General tidying up and cleaning of the childminding premises
- Attending ongoing training (in-house, online and in- person) courses to support Continuous Professional Development(CPD)
- To work within the policies, procedures and codes of conduct of the Childminding setting.
- Taking children on planned outings with/ without the childminder and ensuring children's safety and well being while on outings.
- Complying with Health and Safety at work legislation.
Person Specification (Minimum Requirements)
- Childcare qualifications Level 3 (Preferred)
- ICT skills
- Paediatric First Aid Training
- DBS Certificate on the government online update service (if not, willing to apply for one asap)
- Safeguarding training
- Child development
- Previous experience in caring for children at a childcare, educational or playgroup setting
Wednesday to Friday (6 hours per day)
Part-time hours 15-18 per week
Application deadline 05/02/2021
Expected start date Asap