CloudFactory is a global leader in combining people (cloud labor) and technology to provide workforce solutions for machine learning and business process optimization is seeking an experienced Technical Author to join our mission.
As our technical author, you will act as our professional writer that makes complex technical communications simple. In this role, you will break down complex technical products into easy-to-understand guides that help the end-user understand how to use the products and services. You will create technical documentation that includes things like instruction manuals, user manuals, journal articles, quick reference guides, and white papers. You may also create more common types of content including social media posts, press releases, and web pages.
Our professionally managed and trained teams work with high accuracy using virtually any tool. We process millions of tasks a day for innovators including Microsoft, GoSpotCheck, Hummingbird Technologies, Ibotta and Luminar. We exist to create meaningful work for one million talented people in developing nations, so we can earn, learn, and serve our way to become leaders worth following. CloudFactory is scaling up and growing fast, with $78 million in venture capital investment and offices on four continents.Performance Objectives
Compose clear and coherent technical information, discuss commercial and industrial products and services, write instruction manuals for users, complete knowledge bases, possess a complete understanding of a company's products and applications.
Assess and report on the state of CloudFactory's existing Knowledge Bases on Client/Cloudworker journeys/jobs to be done. During the first four weeks, work with members of the Product, Marketing, Customer, and Platform Engineering teams to understand and map out the knowledge bases and content that outline how the end-to-end journeys are being met by the business and received by the customer and CloudWorker.
Embed within the Delivery Process and teams to ensure timely publication of Release Notes. During the first four weeks, work with members of IT, Product, and Engineering to understand how the development process works, connect with the key stakeholders, and insert yourself into the Delivery Process to establish where and how you fit.
Establish the tone of voice . During the first six weeks, establish the tone of voice, style and dictionary to ensure crisp, consistency, and clarity across all communications from the Technology teams, tailored to the respective audiences.Requirements
- Seeking subject matter experts that often have an educational background in technical fields including engineering, computer science, information technology, and information development.
- Excellent written communication skills and an ability to explain concepts clearly
- Knowledge of Software development processes
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialised topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Works with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
- Will need to submit a portfolio of writing samples
CloudFactory is on a mission to connect talented people in the developing world to digital opportunities, by inventing cloud labor in a similar way that Amazon invented cloud computing. We use a combination of the latest technologies, proven processes and people who care to enable a scalable, efficient and high-quality data work for our worldwide clients. Because we are scaling fast, you will need to be comfortable with change, will need to be able to derive insights and value from incomplete or imperfect data, and will need to be the kind of person who takes initiative rather than waiting for others to act. If you thrive in a high-growth, dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment you would fit right in!
Join us, and change the world for the better. If you are skilled and humble, with a commitment to lifelong learning, and you're curious about the world and its people, you could be a good fit at CloudFactory. We welcome the unique contributions you can bring to help us build a diverse, inclusive workplace because we connect, learn, and grow stronger from our differences. We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. We look forward to hearing from you!
Still unsure? Read '5 Reasons You Should Work at CloudFactory'.