Note: Note: this is a telecommute position with some travel when it becomes safe to do so (re. covid19). The selected candidate can be
based anywhere within Europe.Job description
Aivia Software (by SVision), a world leader in machine learning, computer vision, nD image visualization and analysis is seeking an entrepreneurial individual to help support the rapidly growing Aivia business.
The Sales and Applications Specialist or Manager (EMEA territory) will focus on introducing Aivia to potential customers and provide top level customer support with all aspects related to image visualization, analysis and presentation. Aivia's unique blend of powerful solutions include deep learning powered image segmentation / classification / painting / prediction / restoration, automated 3D neuronal analysis, 3D object detection and tracking, real-time machine learning aided image segmentation, cloud computing, advanced machine learning phenotype discovery and classification, in addition to twelve 2D and 2D+time image analysis applications for life sciences.
This exciting new position is ideal for an individual that excels at business development, customer satisfaction, sales, team development / management, public speaking, life sciences, microscopy and image analysis. The job can be based anywhere within the designated territory (telecommuting). The successful candidate will benefit from joining the Aivia team at an early stage which provides unique growth opportunities both professionally and financially. The Aivia team is: dynamic, hard working, customer focused, multi disciplinary, international and a lot of fun to be part of!Experience and characteristics critical to success:
Tasks and Duties:
- Bachelor's degree in a life sciences discipline. Business degree/education preferred. Masters or PhD preferred.
- Track record in sales within the life sciences market.
- Expertise in bio image analysis.
- Experience selling microscopy and/or image analysis software is required.
- If applying for the Management position, experience with team management and development is required.
- Entrepreneurial nature.
- Well respected among peers, partners and competitors - a leader.
- Strong computer skills.
- Expertise in the set up, use and deployment of a CRM.
- Ability to generate complete business cases, define KPIs and critically analyse numerous metrics in order to make well founded business decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Languages: English (essential), additionally German (preferred).
- Effective time management and personal organization.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Preferred but not essential: Hands-on experience with advanced microscopy systems (e.g. confocal, multi-photon, spinning disk, light sheet / SPIM, electron microscopy (EM), 3D X-Ray or CT / MRI imaging).
- Meet all quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Manage the full sales pipeline to meet business objectives.
- If applying for the Management position, you are expected to develop, coach and manage a growing team (EMEA).
- Conduct market search and lead generation activities to ensure the growth of the sale pipeline.
- Presentation of the product to customers and at tradeshows.
- Research customers' image analysis requirements and provide solutions.
- Develop new business relationships with key science centers, scientists and key opinion leaders in academia and industry.
- Nurture and grow existing customer relationships.
- Manage and report sales bookings, potential sales, customer feedback and activity plan and other reports as required.
- Actively contribute to the product roadmap and company direction by compiling and reporting key customer requirements and market trends.
5 to 10 days per calendar month (when it becomes possible again) Compensation:
Benefits include a base salary, performance based commission, 401K plan (or equivalent), healthcare, and vacation.
Please email CV and cover letter to:
Luciano A. G. Lucas, PhD
Executive Vice President