Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7EDo you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The Functional Safety Management Specialist
role is the development of electronic designs for Functional Safety products. The incumbent will have experience of product development to the IEC61508 standard up to and including SIL3 rating.
This role encompases not just electronic design skills, but also the application of process appropriate to the development of such products.Your Key Deliverables
Do you have?
- Active participation in a culture of continuous improvement, refining and defining procedures and processes to ensure good quality product meeting cost and time-to-market objectives. A Six-Sigma background would be valuable
- Design and develop new products in accordance with agreed design specifications, schedule and cost targets, ensuring a high standard of product quality and reliability.
- Functional Safety Management in a number of the following areas:
- Hardware design
- FMEA analysis
- Knowledge of functional safety principles & requirements
- Setting functional safety product requirements
- Safety-related project management
- Safety-related processes audits
- Functional safety assessment using systems such as CASS
- Functional safety application knowledge
- Functional safety applications support
- Providing consultancy to and guidance of other engineers with respect to FSM for both new and existing products.
- Responsibile for capturing, specifying and managing design requirements, specifically those relating to Functional Safety. Undertake and/or supervise verification and validation of new product designs to ensure that these requirements have been met.
- Ensuring that Design to Cost, Design for Manufacture and Design for Test best practises are followed..
- Ensuring the adoption of best practices.
- Participating in the definition of product roadmaps.
- Maintaining an awareness of current industry trends and maintaining relationships with suppliers to make best use of emerging technologies.
- Supporting concept/bids phase evaluation of projects with respect to task identification/estimation.
- Developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships with suppliers, customers and other parts of the organisation.
- Providing technical support to Sales, Marketing, Operations and external customers when more in depth product knowledge is required.
Then we want to hear about you!What Eaton Offers
- Degree level in Electronic Engineering discipline
- Strong experience in electronics engineering
- Experience with FSM applied to analog and/or digital electronics in high volume markets
- Cross discipline collaboration and customer interaction
- Demonstration of excellent problem solving skills and a track record of leading others to do the same
- Abiltiy to write clear and unambiguous process and product documentation
Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are really important for us Culture & Values - We are more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Please note by applying to this vacancy you will be a subject of background screening.Job
Europe, Middle East, AfricaPrimary Location
Great Britain Northern Ireland-BED-LutonWork Locations
Luton Gb LocOrganization
EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology LimitedJob Level
Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
YesDoes this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country onlyTravel
Yes, 10 % of the TimeJibe YouTube ID
Requisition ID :091848