Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Business Partner
Excellent salary and package
Our client is looking to recruit a FP&A Business Partner who will oversee the financial planning aspects, as the business bids to secure the license to operate the UK National Lottery from 2023 onwards, replacing the current incumbent. This is a vital role, becoming a key component of the highly skilled team that has been created to drive the bidding process towards a successful conclusion. In addition, this position will be a critical one in managing the transition from the current incumbent, should the bid be successful. This bid process is being led by two key figures from the team who successfully secured the Olympic Games for London in 2012.
Viewed as a leading contender in the bid process, our client is one of the largest and fastest growing gaming companies in Europe, employing over 6,000 people. They have a market leading position within several countries, offering land-based and online gaming entertainment to consumers in product verticals including lottery, sports betting, and casino. This is a dynamic, award winning organisation that remains incredibly hungry for further growth, as demonstrated by their entry into this bidding process.
- Take a hands-on role in supporting the financial planning aspects of our strategic initiatives for The National Lottery Bid Programme.
- Commercial acumen that can be applied into the Lottery / FMCG space to effectively communicate justifications for business decisions.
- Clearly articulate the value strategic initiatives will bring to the business over a multi-year period.
- Provide excellent communication and facilitation between business teams to make sure all levels understand how to create value for the organisation.
- An understanding of technology and use modern techniques to analyse large data sets of information.
- Arrange and facilitate workshops with functional leaders and break down initiatives into financial plans on how to succeed with the strategy.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate discussion between our key workstreams to understand the direction setting of the company.
- Support the explanation of how our strategic initiatives will meet desired financial targets over a number of years.
- Communicate performance throughout the Programme to ensure there is one set of numbers rather than each work-stream making their own assumptions.
- Share best practices across the company, functions and locations.
To be considered for this unique opportunity you must be immediately available. Experience of Lottery is preferred but you must have betting and gaming experience.
- Must be able to influence and challenge across the different functional workstreams to ensure opportunities are geared for maximum performance.
- Ability to connect strategic thinking into the tangible execution via the financial planning process.
- Ability to understand products, consumer segmentation and channels in the Gambling/Lottery world
- Experience of Financial Modelling using data driven decisions or case studies to justify choices.
- Ability to understand products, customer segments and distribution channels in the Gambling / Lottery industry
- UK Lottery experience desirable but not required. Experience in FMCG with a mix of online and retail would be suitable alternative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills