We're expanding !
We are seeking a talented Head of Engineering.
The Applicant must be capable of working on Projects independently and have proven experience managing a team of Design Engineers.
-Have extensive experience of attending and managing Customer technical meetings as the SME.
Our company designs various types of modular platforms to be installed on/in vehicles, trailers, containers and many other bespoke mechanical/structural engineering projects.
The role will require you to come up with novel and unique design solutions and guide other Engineers on enhancing their design ideas and methodologies.
The successful candidate will work directly under the company CTO. You will be responsible for Engineering solutions.
The successfully candidate will require to:
- Have excellent understanding of manufacturing techniques (CNC cutting, Machining, Welding and Fabrications) -
- Have excellent understanding of material properties and grades (mainly Aluminium and Steel but also the use of Wood, Plastic and Composites)
- Have experience, knowledge and education to perform Stress analysis for its design and assembly (have the knowledge to perform simple hand calculation and complex CAD analysis).
- Be able to prepare shop drawings for fabrications and authorise drawings for other Engineers
- Discuss the design with manufacturer and work shop personnel
A Candidate will have an advantage if:
- Has experience and knowledge in leading structural designs
- Has experience in the integration of electro/mechanical design systems
- Has an experience in product design (from an aesthetic point of view)
To perform this role, you will need to:
-Minimum of 3 years in a similar Head of Engineering role.
- Have excellent knowledge and proficiency of Solidworks design package
- Have excellent knowledge of Word, Excel Software
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment , under challenging timescales.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a diverse office environment
- Be able to communicate with Clients and Suppliers
- Demonstrate creative thinking and value engineering capability
-Be able to manage a team of Engineers and have the ability to bring out the best in their abilities and meet deadlines.
-Must be based in the UK and willing to locate to Fareham
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place