Lyst is a search and discovery platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world's leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad's goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We're looking for an Android Engineer to join us and help Lyst bring our app to Android users for the very first time. You will work closely with our other Android Engineers including Lead, existing iOS & Backend designers, growth and product managers to develop new product features and help us execute our product strategy. You will be working within our App Tribe in a special Android squad to begin with.
As a member of the Android squad you'll be working on the foundations and features of our first Android release. The ultimate aim is for Android to join iOS in our cross discipline squads of Product Managers, Designers, Backend and Mobile Developers when we all feel the time is right. You will then be working with Product Managers and your counterparts on iOS and Backend with introducing new features and ways of working.
Our goal is to build on the success of the App as a focus for the business for customers to find and buy fashion from our partners through a seamless, end-to-end experience. You will be working as part of a cross functional team to build a mobile platform that leverages our extensive data sets and provide an immersive and engaging user experience.What will you be working on?
- Building our Android application from scratch with fellow Android engineers
- Ensuring quality deliverable ownership in all stages of the delivery process with unit and integration tests
- Collaborating with iOS and Backend engineers when integrated into squads
- Inputs to scrum ceremonies to ensure best technical solution and provide reasonable estimations on the delivery of projects.
- Working closely with tribe members, leads and your Engineering Director to continually improve the development process.
- Good level of experience with the Android platform.
- Proficient in developing Android apps using Kotlin (or Java)
- Some unit testing experience e.g. Kotlin.test, Junit, Espresso
- Awareness of suitable architecture e.g. MVVM, MVP, Jetpack Compose etc
- Awareness of popular libraries, frameworks and technologies
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team. You are able to explain your ideas clearly and transform them into plans. You are able to design the solution to a complex problem.
- Quality - You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production.
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Conferences and events. We're big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Transport season ticket loans