We will consider flexible working patterns and part time arrangements to meet employee needs.
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison's strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over fifty thousand employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
2020 is shaping up to be our busiest and most productive year yet, with increasing demand, steady growth, and plenty of impactful projects taking place!Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we're focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.Overview of the role
Working closely with the Head of Account Management and wider Sales team, you will be contributing to the closing of new business with key UK government clients with view to establish valuable long-term relationships, optimising these relationships and increasing Garrison's footprint within existing government customers.
You will collaborate frequently with both technical and customer-facing teams within Garrison, playing a vital role in the business's growth by rapidly qualifying and nurturing strong leads into signed contracts, ensuring revenue is maximised and customers remain consistently happy, and thus more likely to recommend our solutions to their peers.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, both sharp and technically literate with the ability to deliver strong growth in client acquisition. Experience of cybersecurity sales into government clients is a must, and ideally you will have proven success in taking new and innovative solutions to market. A technical background would also be heavily preferred.
The role will involve occasional travel and anti-social hours to ensure we are servicing our clients as best as possible.Key responsibilities
Skills and experience
- Contributing to the closing of new business with a focus on UK government clients, and subsequently being pro-active in establishing key relationships at all levels to maximise opportunities for revenue growth and expanding Garrison's footprint within these businesses.
- Developing a detailed understanding of Garrison's products, becoming able to articulate Garrison's hardsec proposition to key government prospects and existing customers alike.
- Development and execution of account plans and client strategies.
- Drafting quotes and providing feedback into commercial documents within tight timeframes, whilst also appreciating the client's perspective.
- Delivering required metrics (reporting of pipeline and orders), ensuring revenue is in line with or above plan.
- Keeping a close eye on market activity and trends, alongside regular competitor analysis.
- Remain up to date with the product roadmap to allow for a strategic approach to selling and upselling.
What we can offer you in return!
- Previous commercial experience of securing and supporting new government clients for innovative technology companies of different sizes (broad MoD exposure with a minimum of SC clearance is heavily preferred).
- Best in class approach to client relationship management, with a strong understanding of the end-to-end sales process, including the legal obligations and deal closing.
- Demonstrable experience of effective conversion techniques to close valuable deals, driving increased market share, and recognising opportunities to maximise revenue with end-clients.
- Skilled in delivery management and able to keep many plates spinning at one time, collaborating with different teams to see multiple concurrent projects through to conclusion.
- A consultative approach, ideally developed through a background encompassing both high-level account management and some new business development.
- Willingness to travel and work anti-social hours
- Collaboration with team members with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, adaptable, enjoys prospecting challenges and delivering results.
- Calmness under pressure, maintaining a diplomatic manner even when being challenged.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on employee minimum contribution)
- Perkbox discounts and freebies - free coffee, free cinema tickets, and lots more
- Flexible working hours and regular working fro m home
- Regular socials - theatre trips, company picnic, games night & sports day are all recent examples
- Personal training budget of up to £1,000 per year, to be allocated as you wish
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Company share options
- Interest-free season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday allowance per year, with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 day