PayPoint is a Listed PLC group currently implementing its strategic objective to deliver value to SMEs requiring payment services with related ancillary products. PayPoint recently announced its proposed acquisition of Handepay. The acquisition of Handepay will create a combined national card payments business with significant customer diversity: over 30,000 SMEs, spanning the grocery, auto trade, clothing, household goods and hospitality sectors. Leveraging Handepays capabilities, alongside PayPoint's we will enhance the end-to-end customer proposition and offering, accelerating the Company's strategy in the U.K. cards market and broaden growth prospects.
To support this agenda, we are recruiting a Lead Commercial Analyst with a dedicated focus on the cards business. This role will be based at the Haydock offices of Handepay and report to the Head of Corporate Finance (based in Welwyn Garden City). This role will require some travel between the Haydock and Welwyn Garden City offices.
This role will deliver the analytics to provide insights into market trends and performance of the cards business. It will also support analysis of strategic initiatives and operational improvements, development of plans/forceasts and monitoring delivery against those ambitions both from a financial and operational perspective. This role requires a candidate confident enough to engage directly with the Executive Board.
Employees take a lot of pride in what they do at PayPoint and their sights are always set on achieving the best. You should be a self-starter and naturally want to automate systems and improve processes to support the strategic priorities of the business. If you have these characteristics and want to drive change, this role will be a good match. You will have to form good working relationships with the wider Finance Reporting, Finance Systems, Data Analytics teams and the Card Services Director. Main Purpose of Role:
- Deliver forecasts and plans for the cards business.
- Challenge managers constructively to deliver business objectives.
- Monitor performance against business plans identifying emerging trends and working with managers to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Support commercial partners in the development of business cases and ad hoc analysis to further drive business performance and understanding the wider market conditions.
- Support the Head of Corporate Finance and/or Finance Director in any adhoc strategic initiatives and external presentations / market analysis.
- Producing weekly and monthly trading reports which provide; commercial understanding, trend analysis and insight, steer towards actions required to maximise opportunities and mitigate risks for the regular internal business review meetings.
- Work with the wider team to ensure business review meetings are held in a timely and organised manner, actions from those meetings are delivered.
- Support the existing budget and quarterly re-forecast processes. These forecasts are business led but require commercial insight, must be accurate and appropriately challenged. These will be your responsibilities. You will also need to continuously identify areas of improvement in forecasting processes.
- To produce analysis on actual results and forecasts at the half year and full year end to assist the auditors, management accounts team and group head office. You will also support providing data and analysis for investors presentations.
- With the current systems used, continually look for improvements of process to improve efficiency and drive accuracy of forecasts or actuals.
- Drive value with operational teams by providing financial models for initiaitives.
- Support the implementation of new tools and systems to improve processes to support better planning and analysis.
- Quailfied accounant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, MBA).
- Experience in financial systems (TM1 and NAV / Jet reports)
- Experience in the cards market
- Proficient excel user ( and PowerPoint experience)
- Analytical mind and attention to detail
- Self-driven and motivated
- Has a positive outlook
- Able to collaborate and communicate well at all levels of the organisation
- Has confidence and is organised