TrueLayer's Pay Direct team is disrupting the payments industry. PayDirect is a product built on open banking and the fastest available bank payment rails, it provides firms with instant payments and withdrawals, a high converting and low fraud payments method while accelerating KYC and AML processes, to deliver the most complete solution on the market.
Powering the new era of financial technology starts with taking ownership, shipping well-tested code, and being driven by empathy - both for the developers of our clients and their users. As the team expands and the product scales to more clients around the world, we're looking for someone who is excited about revolutionising the developer experience of our clients.
We aim to empower our engineers and this means using the best tools for the job. Technically this means using the best in class technologies. As one of our first mobile engineers you'll be helping us choose the right tools for the job so we can build the best possible product for our users.Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build intelligent financial infrastructure that puts fintech at people's fingertips.
Businesses use our global network, built on open banking and PSD2, to securely access financial data and enable instant payments. Headquartered in London with offices in Milan, Dublin, Sydney, and Hong Kong, we've raised $72M to date and we're trusted by some of the biggest names in tech, including Revolut, Trading 212, and Zopa.
We are systems builders, design thinkers, product crafters and committed doers. We work in a collaborative, transparent environment where people can be their true selves, embrace ownership and accountability, and build something that will define an industry.
Our vision is to create a financial ecosystem that is open to everyone. We've grown from a UK leader in 2019 to a global provider in 2020, operating in 12+ countries. The thing is, we're just getting started... As one of our mobile engineers, you will:
RequirementsWhat we need from you:
- Design, build and maintain iOS tooling (SDKs/Libraries) so our clients can provide an exceptional user experience
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers and customer support to make sure what we're building meets the needs of our clients
- Lead brainstorming for technical solutions and clearly articulate tradeoffs backed with data;
- Help us grow our mobile team and define our best practices for mobile development
- Lead code reviews and provide guidance to junior engineers to maximise their potential and growth;
- Contribute to our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work.
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing mobile apps in Swift or Objective C
- An understanding of mobile user interface best practices the impact it has on customers interactions with products
- Communicate effectively - you can speak in appropriate technical depth, back up your assertions with data, and you love proposing actionable solutions;
- Are thoroughly passionate about the products you build, and driven by empathy for the customer - you wouldn't ship something that you wouldn't use yourself;
- Experience writing automated tests for mobile platforms
- Practiced at setting up mobile development build and release tooling (CI/CD)
- A keen interest in the latest mobile development trends
- Enjoy being part of a small team and are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work.
What you can expect from us:
- Experience building native mobile SDKs
- Understanding of OAuth2 and OIDC;
- Experience working on payments products
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work
- Choice of Linux or Mac technology
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private Health Insurance ⚕️
- Wellbeing Days, and membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
- Learning & development allowance
At TrueLayer, we don't just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you - like your age, ability, background and identity - are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is)..
W e look forward to hearing from you!
(Please note, we don't accept applications from recruitment agencies. Thank you!)