Network Design Engineer
Location: Remote with occasional travel to nearest office as/when needed
Salary: £55k per annum plus £410/month car allowance
A fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen to work for a successful and innovative Infrastructure Communications company as a Network Design Engineer. We are seeking an experienced professional with excellent communication skills, as well as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) experience.
You will need to have demonstrable experience with Networking design and delivery, as well as practical experience with Firewalls, particularly Palo Alto and FortiGate. Further to this, strong Networking design and delivery experience in both lab and production environments.
You will be working within a positive culture, where employees are well rewarded and have opportunity to progress, acting as the customers' technical and operational representative and liaise with customers and stakeholders where required.
- Produce high-level and low-level designs according to customer requirements
- Assist with the installation design engineers to produce detailed schematics
- Produce test and verification processes to verify the designs that are produced
- Produce as-built documentation at the point of installation/commissioning
- Advise on maintenance and support of the delivered designs
- Timely and effective progress reporting
- Strong experience in Networking Design and Delivery in both lab and production environments
- Practical experience with TCP/IP, subnets, Qos, routing, SDN, VRFs, VLANs, VPCs and security
- Practical experience with Routers, Switches, Firewalls (Palo Alto and FortiGate)
- IP routing protocols: BGP, OSPF
- Network and operating system security principles
- Work to ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 standards
- IP TV distribution and Electronic signage
Permanent Employment Benefits:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Company Rewards Scheme
If you are interested and match the criteria above, please apply today with your updated CV.