Lyst is a search and discovery platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world's leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad's goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer as part of the Data Enrichments team who can help us build pipelines that allow us to enrich and modify millions of products at scale.
You will be working to support a cross functional team of Backend engineers, Data Scientists, Technical Analysts and a Product Manager.
You will have access to the industry's biggest fashion site data and leverage our cloud based systems.What will you be working on?
- Data engineering: Supporting processing data from our data warehouse / data lake into a form suitable for training machine learning models
- Backend systems: Working across all backend systems to ensure the data we need is gathered and stored in our data lake, and also writing the backend systems to train and serve models
- Analytics, Reporting and Monitoring: Developing reports and dashboards to monitor both the training and prediction performance of our models
- We work mainly in Python, running on a range of AWS technologies such as S3, ECS, SQS, Glue, Sagemaker and Postgres RDS, along with non-AWS tools such as Snowflake, CircleCI, Docker and Github
- We have high engineering standards and practice comprehensive testing, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment across all engineering teams
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team
- Commitment to quality: You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production
- Motivation: You understand and are motivated by the challenge of building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Experience with data processing in the cloud: You have experience working with large amounts of remotely hosted data and developing tools and infrastructure needed to process this
- Awareness of Machine Learning: You are interested in modern machine learning pipelines and are keen to work in this area and learn more
- You will also be experienced using traditional relational databases (e.g. Postgres) and have good intuition for how to write efficient SQL queries
- You will have excellent Python knowledge and experience and be up to date on best Python practices
- Bonus: You know about PySpark/Spark
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Conferences and events. We're big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Transport season ticket loans