At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer's needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
Your mission will be: to act as the subject matter expert for financial reporting and provide technical accounting and finance advice across the team. This will include a wide range of responsibilities that are vital for the smooth running of the business.
This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic, technically strong and growth minded Senior Group Accountant to join our Finance team. You will have the opportunity to work with a business, with like-minded teammates, that is committed to supporting SMEs.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn't an optional add-on, it's the core ingredient of what makes us great.
Business Partnering sits within the Finance team and our mission is to provide reliable financial analysis, build trusting relationships, provide forecasts and advice on business decisions. As a result of iwoca's rapid growth and fast changing trading environment, we are now facing enhanced complexity in terms of data, structure, financing and product.
We want to hire a junior finance professional with adequate exposure to complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, who is self-driven and desires to grow with this function and with iwoca.
What is the expectation of this role?
- Prepare data and analysis, particularly of financial results, that will form part of Board and investor reporting. This will include preparation of monthly updates to the budget/operating model, preparation of Board pack slides and in-depth analysis on a specific business area.
- Ongoing engagement with various teams (e.g. operations, marketing, Tech, etc.) with two way information flow: a) getting business updates and converting them to forecasts and b) providing supporting data or analysis to the teams as required.
- Major role in ongoing forecasting and budgeting. This will include the formal annual budget. These projects should make a significant contribution to business decisions.
- Conceptualise complex business situations and make clear analytical approaches to make them simple.
- Communicate your learnings to other sub functions within the Finance Team (e.g. accounting, cash management, capital market, etc.) and guide changes to fulfill management requirements.
What are we looking for:
- A self-driven professional who is pragmatic, takes real pride in their work and deals well with rapid changes
- Experience in the financial arena, likely 2-4 years experience in financial management consulting, financial business analysis, valuation, auditing or FP&A function
- Experience in or familiarity with the financial services industry is preferable; and partially qualified / finalised (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent is preferred
- Skilled in Excel and financial modelling, enthusiastic about data and desire for self-development in this area; have the appetite to get your hands dirty and solve complex problems from the very bottom up
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent at building logical frameworks for problem-solving
- Desire to learn at a rapid pace and get stuff done with normally stretched resources.
What's life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in Covent Garden & Leeds. We have always supported flexible working however during the current pandemic the majority of iwocans are working from home. We have taken every precaution to keep our offices COVID-19 secure for those that need to use them.
- A calendar of 'remote friendly' events each week including Bingo, Comedy Nights, Escape Room challenges
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments
- Virtual Yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday morning
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- We take your well being incredibly seriously, so you'll have instant access to emotional and mental health support services via our partner Spill
- Share options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme. Save £££ on your nursery costs.
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- All the equipment you need to set up your home working space up
- Paid volunteering time for you to support your chosen charity
- Bring your dog to work days, we're dog friendly on Tuesday and Thursdays in our London office.
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- L&D budget including a book budget to encourage you to keep learning
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.