Who we are:
GlobalData is one of the fastest-growing data & analytics companies on the London Stock Exchange. Our growth is a direct result of our investment in people, products and platforms.
Our Business Intelligence division produces over 15,000 reports, briefings, forecasts and data books each year. Our coverage spans 42 sectors, 500,000 companies and 80 countries. Our Intelligence Centres offer constantly updated data, analysis and tools that slot seamlessly into the workflow of our customers to help them de-code the future. GlobalData also runs a portfolio of industry-leading websites and magazines, an international events business, and a technology-driven marketing solutions offering.The Role:
The Themes Editor
is responsible for developing cross-sector themes editorial content focused around technology and macro themes for our business-to-business websites and digital magazines.
Central to the role will be working closely with the GlobalData Thematic Research Team and aligning editorial content with their themes research and intelligence.
The role will also work closely with Sector Editors, the Technology editorial team and the content leadership team to ensure the most engaging and relevant content is created around themes.Some of the themes that will be in scope for this role are sustainability, Covid-19, IoT, AI etc.Key Responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Write engaging and relevant content, including commentary, on different macro and technology themes
- Write content based on longer research reports and data frameworks
- Work closely with GlobalData analysts to develop data- and insight-led content
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all content
- Work collaboratively with other editors and sector editors on the team
- Strong journalism background with previous experience up to senior reporter or junior editor level
- Experience in reporting on technology, macroeconomics or business
- Excellent writing and proofing skills, and the ability to spot good writing and a great story
- Strong track record of collaboration and evidence of having worked successfully as part of a team
- Experience in writing data and research-based content
- Previous track record of delivering editorial content to set deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent