PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The function is to document and manage requirements, undertake business and process modelling. To undertake this communication with a wide variety of stakeholders is essential. Key to the role is the ability to analyse information and to ensure that requirements are captured accurately whilst business objectives are consistently adhered to. Effective written and oral communication skills are required.AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
- Business Process design and re-engineer to ensure the most effective processes are defined during the solution definition phase of the project.
- Effective elicitation, documentation and management of Requirements (Functional and Non-Functional), via clearly written documents and use of a variety of models to ensure that requirements are accurately documented and that they will deliver a solution that is in line with customer objectives. Experience with IaaS and PaaS solutions (AWS, OpenStack, CloudFoundry, etc) is a plus. IaC (Infrastructure as Code), TerraForm and/or AWS CloudFormation.
- Have experience in managing and leading workshops to capture customer requirements.
- Have experience in documenting Project Vision and Scope or Feasibility study.
- Have experience in creating Business Use Cases.
- Appreciation of Cost Benefit Analysis and Cost Benefit Realisation, where applicable, to ensure that the value of delivery is known.
- Management of stakeholders to ensure that all relevant parties contribute to and are communicated with throughout the requirements process.
- Identification of risk and ability to manage and mitigate, within the remit of the role, are important to ensure that appropriate actions can be taken.
- Review of System Use Cases to ensure that project purpose and solution provided are aligned to customer objectives.
- Review test scenarios, test data and results. Support test phase by answering test queries and analyze problems raised during testing.
- Investigate the implication of systems changes and provide estimates.
- Adhere to the project change control process.
- Understand and follow the policies, procedures and work instructions used by the business and systems analysis team.
- Provide support and guidance to business users including business readiness or handover documentation.
- Partake in peer reviews of documentation.
- Promote team working and provide advice and guidance to colleagues and business users on business analysis issues.
- Provide input and assistance to the Project Manager / Solution Architect / System Analyst / Developer / Test Analyst.
- Able to plan and track own work against project deadlines
- On occasion visit other sites and work on customer premises as required.
- Have experience in designing and creating report specifications.
- Participate in product evaluation and selection process.
- Participate in bid process
· Analytical approach to problem solving.
· Effective stakeholder management (RACI).
· Experience of working the full project life cycle (SDLC).
· Have excellent communication and influencing skills.
· Effective time management and prioritisation of work load.
· Effective change management.
· Provide accurate estimates.