With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world's biggest brands-and we have fun doing it. Now, we're calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
Inviting applications for the role of Principal Consultant, Java
Are you the one we are looking for?
Location: Glasgow, UK
In this role, you would be responsible for providing Improvement & Development services in a Java environment during regular hours. Candidate will be working with SMEs, Business Analyst, module developers & Users complete end-to-end SDLC for Capital Market Client.
Additional responsibilities shall include contributing in designing and detailing of the software architecture based on existing architecture and inputs received from Client from time to time. Perform unit testing, integration testing and UAT as and when required. Also, engage with Client in requirement gathering, Status update on work, UAT and be the key partner in the overall engagement.
Qualifications we seek in you
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good experience in an enterprise setting (Working with global teams, in an agile fashion but adhering to change management procedures and collaborating with other dev and support teams on production management) plus all experience defined for the Java Developers.
· Java 8, Spring, good SQL (ideally DB2) / data skills, Git, REST, (Jenkins), (MQ), some degree of scripting (shell scripting / python etc), Design Pattern
· Technical Professional, with validated abilities in the areas of Java development and implementation, multi-threading, Concurrency, Semaphore
· Should be able to own the discussion with regard to architecture/design, guide and review the dev work in the team
· Experience of integration/messaging technologies and approaches (e.g., MQ, Web Services, SOA, XML, JSON)
· The development experience should also be on distributed, multitiered systems with reasonably complex data processing and storage functionality (e.g. grid computing, guaranteed or pub/sub messaging between components, distributed caching, load balanced services, continuous capacity management, observable runtime characteristics for improved supportability)
· Should be string in Spring Core, IOC
· Good in SQL Queries and Stored procedures
· Should work on the DevOps tools like, Git/Bitbucket, Maven/Bamboo, Stash, TeamCity/Jenkins, Junit, Splunk
· Good Exposure of Agile Delivery Methodology & experience in working with Scrum teams, TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
· Candidate should have good Analytical skills
· Capital Market Experience
· Good experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
· One who is Passionate about technology, problem solving, ability to adapt new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge!
· Excellent client facing skills that include conducting compelling technical briefing & demonstrations. The person should have a technical curiosity to implement new technologies and articulate the solutions to the client!
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, client focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.