RootWave (Ubiqutek) uses electricity to kill weeds and is solving two of the most pressing global issues. The first is to remove chemical herbicides from our food and the environment to improve the health of the global ecosystem. The second is to create healthy soils that capture and store carbon to reduce the impact of global warming. Our technology is a sustainable and regenerative alternative to chemical herbicides.
RootWave has recently received venture investment and is looking to grow its engineering team. We are looking for an Integration and Project Managing Engineer.
We take pride in building an innovative company that will improve the environment. We offer a working environment that is diverse, inclusive, energetic and challenging. We welcome professionals from all backgrounds with the drive, motivation and tenacity to get the job done. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you.Responsibilities
Skills and Expertise
- Work in a small team in a tech start up environment to deliver on time and to budget.
- Show disciplined engineering and project management skills, within a systems engineering framework, stay disciplined, despite a fast paced environment.
- Overall system responsibility. Work with the engineering team to drive the design at all levels, develop and deliver complex, safety critical systems to customers.
- Lead the systems engineering activities and implement / evolve the process. You should be familiar with requirements management, DFMEA, HARA, P-Diagrams, Boundary Diagrams, route cause analysis etc.
- Demonstrate / maintain traditional project management documents, timing, cost, risks and issues etc.
- Prepare the team for gateways, ensure the smooth running as high-quality events.
- Use your engineering experience to ensure the team creates robust, fit-for-purpose and integrated "systems" (not simply to ensure the process is implemented). This could be for operational environments which the company holds little previous experience or data.
- You should expect to support/ facilitate other engineering activities (as your workload permits) to help the team hit the team project targets (during exceptional periods).
- You should be prepared to be "hands-on" during verification tests, experiments, customer demonstrations etc.
- Travel and support customer demonstrations.
- Demonstrate a high level of autonomy and be largely self-lead, you will be expected to show role model behaviours and lead the systems engineering activities (within in a team that has limited system engineering experience).
- Your project management approach and temperament should be as an engineering role model, coaching as part of the engineering team. You must have a proven track record guiding engineers.
- You must know how to write and maintain a high-quality requirements deck.
- You must be capable of leading FMEA, HARA (hazard and risk analysis), Root Cause Analysis, P-diagrams, Boundary diagrams engineering activities.
- You should be familiar with structured design process derived from a systems engineering methodology.
- Show good numerical and critical reasoning skills to direct your engineering and persuade your peers / colleagues using evidence based, data lead engineering.
- You should be willing to learn and diversify your core skillset to complement the unique mix of disciplines (electrical hardware, high voltage, software and mechanical integration) that will make our products market leading.
Qualifications and Experience
- Functional safety ISO26262 principles and approach (or alternative industry equivalent).
- Working with hazardous mechanical systems such as hydraulics and rotating machinery.
- Working with high voltages hazards (>1,000V AC, 600V DC and 3-phase AC).
- SharePoint as an end user and with SP designer.
- Configure release and change management workflows in PLM systems.
- Structured scientific experimental design and data analysis.
- You must have >5 years experience of working within a mixed discipline engineering environment (e.g. Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Software etc.). You must have an excellent understanding of the underlying engineering principles.
- You must have >3 years experience as an engineer, working within a systems engineering framework.
- You should have either a project management qualification such as Prince2 or APM, or have experience within a PMO or evidence of on-the-job project management training.
- You should be a Hons degree qualified in an engineering or physics discipline.
- A relevant post graduate qualification would be an advantage.
- IMechE or IET chartered engineer status would be an advantage.
- Experience within Agriculture, Rail, Automotive, Aerospace, Electronics, Software or Robotics engineering industries.
- Personable, dynamic, proactive, flexible individual suited to working in a start-up environment.
- Practical and hands-on, happy to roll sleeves up and get out in the field to understand customer's real-world applications.
- Able to travel internationally to work with partners in other countries.
- Key competencies: organisation, problem solving, delivering at pace, attention to detail, creativity.
- Permanent full-time role
- Competitive salary
- Private medical cover
- Share options on joining
- Mobile phone and laptop provided
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays