Willmott Dixon is looking for Junior Business Intelligence Developers to join our busy in-house application services team. Although the team is Letchworth based, this role can also be done remotely. This would be a great opportunity for somebody who may already have some experience in a BI related role who has a passion for data, with a hunger to learn new skills and become experienced in some of the latest BI tools.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
- Genuine and friendly
- Innovative and keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Data and BI team? It means that they get the opportunity to continue to grow and develop their BI skills and get to use some of the latest BI tools that are out there. Having recently migrated to Azure, we are currently understanding which Azure services will best suit our business needs and we are committed to rolling out Power BI so that all of our people have the opportunity to visualise our data and share insights across the organisation.
And we are not just looking for a technical whizz that spends hours tapping away at a keyboard staring at a monitor all day. Within this role we will give you the opportunity to directly engage with your customers to understand their requirements and to present your solutions to them. We need people who will be happy to deal with stakeholders in person, over the phone or via Microsoft Teams to give them an outstanding customer experience - this is an important part of our team culture.
The key responsibilities / objectives of a Business Intelligence Developer will include: -
- Collaborating with the Digital Business Partner and BI Principal to enhance your BI knowledge and data layer for the DWH whilst maintaining a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence.
- Ensuring that all requirements are tested prior to transitioning into live environment.
- Gaining skills in SQL to maintain database views, tables and data integrations in support of reporting requirements.
- Resolving reporting issues and ensuring all reports that are delivered are accurate and to a high quality.
- Gaining knowledge of BI products deployed at Willmott Dixon including Power BI.
- Gaining skills to understand the Data Warehouse, Integrations, Transformations and the full ETL process.
- Organising and managing own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and manager's expectations.
- Building and maintaining good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Actively contributing to IS projects as required.
- Delivery of technical projects.
- Desire to expand on BI knowledge to include SSRS/SSIS/SSAS
- Understand concepts of relational database theory
- Understand concepts of Data Warehousing
- Understanding of SQL server Management Studio
- Understanding business documentation
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non-technical manner.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or relevant work-based experience
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation
- ISEB Testing Techniques