Purpose of Role
The primary responsibility of the Payroll Specialist - (France, Luxembourg & Belgium) is to deliver quality and accurate payroll to our employees in France, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Working with our external outsourced payroll provider ensuring compliance and service level agreements are met.Main Responsibilities
Education and/or Certifications
- Ensure monthly payroll is processed accurately and on time in accordance with agreements in place with external payroll provider.
- Ensure all statutory deductions are made on time and all third party payments.
- Ensure all end of year reporting is completed.
- Responsible for internal compliance and regulatory controls relating to payroll processes.
- Ensure monthly journals are posted on time.
- Provide accurate payroll reports to the Finance team, issued by external payroll provider.
- Work with EU Payroll Manager to continuously improve and streamline payroll processes.
- Manage the relationship and compliance with Service Level Agreements and KPI's for our external outsourced payroll activities.
- Provide advice and support on all payroll related matters, including legislative changes relating to payroll and taxes and ensure any changes are implemented with our external payroll provider.
- Enhance monthly reporting and payroll information for the wider business, including development of a monthly HR dashboard to inform HR & Reward, Finance and field leadership teams of key performance indicators.
- Conducting month end and year end payroll processing, including review to ensure that all payroll reconciliations are completed promptly and that unreconciled/unallocated items are investigated and resolved.
- Good level of general education including Math's and English
- Payroll specific qualification is desirable
- French speaking (native)
- A solid and significant payroll background, evidenced by a proven track record in a similar role with an excellent knowledge of Country payroll legislation and current best practice
- Experience of managing change initiatives.
- Good working knowledge of payroll processes and policies and their application.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office & Excel
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and creatively.
- Ability to communicate (both verbally & written) effectively with people of all job levels.
- Exceptional planning, prioritisation and organisational skills.