Eaton's Security business designs and manufactures smart intruder solutions that protect people and property. The smart security management system for residential and commercial buildings enables remote monitoring of the latest IP intruder alarm devices via a user-friendly interface. For more information, visit https://www.eaton.com/gb/en-gb/products/safety-security-emergency-communications/security-intruder-alarm-systems/secureconnect.htmlSenior Quality Engineer (Location: Mitcheldean, UK)
Senior Quality Engineer role will develop and implement defined Strategic Quality Plan to support the initiatives of the Intrusion Systems Product Line.Your Key Deliverables
What We Are Looking For
- Lead the quality function to meet plant quality objectives and drive the quality culture with the leadership team.
- Review daily in-process metrics to determine team priorities.
- Drive improvement in Quality leading and lagging metrics using a proactive, structured problem solving; performing regular reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans and projects to improve performance.
- Lead the timely response to customer concerns.
- Deploy "I own Quality" culture to reduce internal and external DPPM including ownership of customer complaints system, the corrective / preventive action process related to customer issues and the coordination of customer visits and audits as required.
- Provide expertise, support and training to the business in Quality and process improvement tools such as lean, six sigma, PPAP etc.
- Understand and adhere to EQMS to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, customer specific requirements, and all regulatory requirements.
- Management and improvement of NPI processes and procedures, working closely with R&D/Operations to ensure new products are designed for volume manufacture without compromising on design, Quality or customer requirements.
- Lead employee training and engagement in Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) and Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
- Co-ordinate and monitor performance and cost improvement projects across the business.
- Own and manage customer complaints system. Provide Quality interface between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations to ensure they are understood and satisfied.
- Actively manage Supplier Quality activities and support Supply Chain, including feedback of supplier performance to internal and external suppliers and management.
- Lead the quality team utilizing the Eaton Leadership Model to effectively communicate requirements and expectations.
- Degree in Engineering (Bachelor level or higher)
- Experience in a similar Quality role.
- Able to demonstrate application of Lean and Quality professional tools
- Thorough understanding of ISO9001
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma
What We Offer
- Analytical thinking
- Ethical mind set at all times.
- Interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to coordinate
- Organizational skills, ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Understanding of Microsoft Office packages
- Work well within a team environment, whilst being able to plan and execute own work initiatives
- Strong presentation skills
Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are really important for us
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
Challenging projects in dynamic environmentAbout Eaton
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton's 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 101,000 employees. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.Job
Europe, Middle East, AfricaPrimary Location
Great Britain Northern Ireland-GB State-MitcheldeanWork Locations
Mitcheldean Gb LocOrganization
LSD Life Safety Division EMEAJob Level
Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
NoDoes this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the TimeJibe YouTube ID
Requisition ID :090453