We are recruiting for a full-time experienced Legal Secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to a busy team of fee earners, based in our Leamington Spa office. The successful candidate will have previously worked as a Legal Secretary in any legal department.Key duties:
Skills and experience:
- Take phone calls, dealing with enquiries and where a referral is needed, ensure a comprehensive email is provided.
- Undertake audio typing of client correspondence/forms/documentation when required.
- Produce draft letters and emails to send clients and external organisations.
- Set up new matter instructions on the firms Practice Management System and CRM system.
- Issue the client care letter via email or post.
- Undertake file closure activity ensuring balances are appropriately actioned and client confirmation is issued.
- Prepare information for the Finance team covering billing and invoicing activities.
- General secretarial duties such as booking appointments, rooms and pool cars etc.
- Document management including photocopying, scanning, faxing, collating and binding.
- Work alongside Compliance in carrying out searches and background checks on prospective clients.
- Liaise with clients and external organisations over the telephone when required.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who thrives on working in a team and takes a proactive approach to their work.We will expect you to:
- Have worked as a Legal Secretary in any legal department;
- Have strong oral and written communication skills as this role involves a high level of client contact;
- Be highly organised and professional;
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with a positive 'can do' attitude, remaining calm when under pressure;
- Have an eye for detail, produce accurate work;
- Have proficient IT skills and the ability to learn how to use new systems and technology quickly;
For the role of Legal Secretary, we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package; including 22 days annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) increasing to 25 with length of service, pension scheme, training and development, healthcare scheme, free on-site car parking and an active social committee.
Wright Hassall values the differences and advantages that a diverse workforce brings to the firm, and is committed to ensuring that all applicants are valued as individuals and treated with respect and fairness.