Lyst is the definitive fashion shopping website and app, used by over 100M shoppers a year to discover and buy fashion. More than 8.5M products from over 12,000 brands and stores can be accessed through our website and app, offering shoppers convenience and unparalleled choice.
We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad's goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Commercial Data team who can help us build microservices and pipelines that process and serve all the data relating to our partners, fashion brands and other commercial agreements.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Commercial Data team, you'll have the opportunity for impact by building and maintaining some of the core services that power Lyst.What will you be working on?
- Microservices: Maintaining and extending multiple microservices to ensure the data we need to power our website and app are gathered and served in a timely and scalable manner
- Data pipelines: Ensuring all relevant data is correctly stored in our data lake, and transforming the data into forms suitable for consumption by other teams
- Admin tools: Creating tools to allow manual updates and curation of our data
- Analytics, Reporting and Monitoring: Creating reports and dashboards to monitor the health of both our data and our systems
- Mentoring: Helping more junior engineers grow technically in their roles
- We work mainly in Python, running on a range of AWS technologies such as S3, ECS, SQS, Glue, and Postgres RDS, along with non-AWS tools such as Snowflake, CircleCI, Docker and Github
- We have high engineering standards and practice comprehensive testing, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment across all engineering teams
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team
- Commitment to quality: You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production
- Motivation: You understand and are motivated by the challenge of building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Experience with data processing in the cloud: You have experience working with large amounts of remotely hosted data and developing tools and infrastructure needed to process this
- You will also be experienced using traditional relational databases (e.g. Postgres) and have good intuition for how to write efficient SQL queries
- You will have excellent Python knowledge and experience and be up to date on best Python practices
- Bonus: You have experience using PySpark/Spark
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Conferences and events. We're big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Transport season ticket loans